I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Partner support

User
Posted 25 May 2023 at 17:44

Hi, hubby is all set for surgery in 2 weeks time and we’re off to pre op appointment tomorrow. I have been ok but the enormity of the diagnosis and treatment has hit me like an express train today. Has anyone any advice that might help?

User
Posted 25 May 2023 at 19:59

In addition to the many partners in this forum, there are some partner-only support groups. The Oxford and the Isle of Wight prostate cancer support groups run partner-only meetings. There's also the National Prostate Cancer Partners Support Group which meets every 3 months on Zoom.

User
Posted 10 Jul 2023 at 16:42
Hi Denise....just reading this post now in July. By now, your hubby should be well on his way to recovery, post-catheter, being able to accomplish daily routine, etc....

Patience is key, and by you posting here tells me you are supportive, and caring. I hope all is well by now, and please keep reaching out for help, support, and advice.

Dan

User
Posted 12 Jul 2023 at 11:50

Hi Denise, I have only just seen this.  My hubby had RARP on 10th June so they (and us!) are going through this at similar times.

Hopefully your hubby is doing well.

I do understand how you feel, from a partners point of view, how overwhelming all of this.  Pca has only been on our radar for 3 months and our lives and dreams have changed beyond belief in these last 12 weeks.

I sometimes feel ever so sad, but have to remain upbeat for all those around me - very hard to do 24/7.

Please message me if you want to talk, but as you know everyone on here is so caring and supportive please reach out x

Take care,

Tulippy 🌹 x