Show search

Notification

Error

Inflammation/iInfection

User
Posted 31 May 2023 at 16:11

Good afternoon

Long story short.

BPH for 8 years. Increased peeing to 20 X per day. Overactive bladder diagnosed. 1 month ago blood in urine PSA 29.0! then a CT MRI Rigid Cystoscopy under GA and Transperineal Biopsy followed by urine retention (7 days catheter). Prostate size 93cc. Density 0.31.

Unbelievably no cancer found. I was told I had Chronic Inflammation/Infection of the prostate and prescribed 3 weeks antibiotics (not received yet) and I would have a repeat PSA test in 6 weeks. No other info. was given to me.

Has anyone experienced similar and if so what was the outcome?

Thanks

Peter

User
Posted 31 May 2023 at 20:30
i think you were very tollerent to reach peeing 20x a day, some might say over tollerent and that earlier intervention would most likely have made life easier for you. At least you now have a diagnosis and the chance of improving your situation. Good news no cancer was found..
Barry
User
Posted 31 May 2023 at 21:09
That is a very big prostate - no wonder you were struggling! Sometimes, these infections can be difficult to shift so you may need more than one round of antibiotics but at least you know now what the symptoms are and will be able to get treatment quickly if it happens again in the future.

Once this has all settled down, it will be useful to get a baseline PSA reading and then have regular PSA tests in the future.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Jun 2023 at 08:49
Thanks for your response guys.

I didn't mention (hence long story short) that in the early days I had both a PAE and Urolift for my BPH neither of which were very successful. The urologists who I went to several times afterwards thought that is what caused my OAB. As a result I also had Tibial Nerve Stimulation recently which also didn't work and ended up being booked for Botox. Nobody at any stage suggested I might have a form of Prostatitis.

Peter