I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

What did I just pee?

User
Posted 25 Jun 2023 at 17:06

So 6 weeks post RARP and was standing at the loo with a full stream and I suddenly felt something travel up my penis and I watched in horror as this yellow/white thing with what looked like dried blood landed in the toilet.
I fished it out to photograph it just in case (I know, gross) and it looks like a soft yellowish white goo and a bit of dried blood.
I am hoping that this might be one of the old stitches coming out as nothing seems to be any different and no pain - but wondering if anyone else who has had RARP has experienced anything similar as it did kind of freak me out a bit.

User
Posted 25 Jun 2023 at 22:14

Is it a hemolock clip? Image here

https://www.teleflex.com/emea/en/product-areas/surgery/ligation-solutions/weck-polymer-ligation/index.html#

I have know idea about this sort of thing but I have heard people talk about clip migration.

Dave

User
Posted 26 Jun 2023 at 09:14
Fortunately not as I don't think they disintegrate - this was definitely jelly-like with nothing hard in it. Just weird and slightly concerning as I had hoped there would 10 replies saying yes, they had experienced the same :(
Seeing my GP on Wednesday so I will ask the question
User
Posted 26 Jun 2023 at 11:41

Steve ,I had three or four hem o Lok clips migrate into my water works system. They all came out with help from my surgeon. I am sure there was one guy who passed one whilst urinating. I did find something in a pad after a dilatation, but I never verified it was a clip, I did have one clip lasered out so it could have been the remnants of that clip.

I passed lots of stuff after salvage radiation. Just clarify, are saying you foreign body disintegrated ? The stuff I was passing was sometimes quite gritty.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 26 Jun 2023 at 12:07
Thanks Chris

Yes, whatever it was was like a jelly with a sliver of dried blood (or at least something black) in it and easily smeared across a piece of toilet paper - definitely nothing hard.
User
Posted 26 Jun 2023 at 20:58

Steve , I remember passing lots of scabs etc about six weeks after surgery. I can't remember exactly when but I also remember passing a kidney stone after surgery, that made the eyes water. Keep on eye on things but probably not a problem.

Thanks Chris