I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA still undetectable 3 years on .

User
Posted 26 Jun 2023 at 14:34

I'm still on hormone injections and Enzalutimide but for three years now my PSA has been undetectable .,just had latest blood test results all very good bone, liver, kidneys all fine .I get very tired , have aches and pains and hot flashes but nothing I cant manage .All my scans show nothing of concern so I am very relieved indeed .

User
Posted 26 Jun 2023 at 14:34

I'm still on hormone injections and Enzalutimide but for three years now my PSA has been undetectable .,just had latest blood test results all very good bone, liver, kidneys all fine .I get very tired , have aches and pains and hot flashes but nothing I cant manage .All my scans show nothing of concern so I am very relieved indeed .

User
Posted 26 Jun 2023 at 17:08

Excellent news Librajc.

Ido4

User
Posted 26 Jun 2023 at 20:08

I like to let people know the good news it helped me a lot in the initial stages to know there were good outcomes from treatment .Always celebrating the small gains  and the hope that the many new drugs being developed will change the outlook for Advanced  Prostate cancer patients to one where a cure becomes the norm and lives are extended by many years .

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 26 Jun 2023 at 17:08

Excellent news Librajc.

Ido4

User
Posted 26 Jun 2023 at 20:08

I like to let people know the good news it helped me a lot in the initial stages to know there were good outcomes from treatment .Always celebrating the small gains  and the hope that the many new drugs being developed will change the outlook for Advanced  Prostate cancer patients to one where a cure becomes the norm and lives are extended by many years .

User
Posted 27 Jun 2023 at 11:04

Good news gives everyone hope.  Glad to hear things are working.

User
Posted 27 Jun 2023 at 14:29

Hi 

It's great to hear your news and I totally agree that people who are starting there journey need to read positive news and that it's not the end of the world,I certainly looked for people on this site with a similar diagnosis just over 12 months ago and it was good to see them doing so well like yourself,I also understand that I've heard of people coming to the end of there journeys which is tragic but it puts the disease into perspective and its not to be taken likely.

Regards Phil 

User
Posted 27 Jun 2023 at 19:55

That’s really great to read - thank you for sharing.

I’m a long way behind you but after an initial very good response to Hormone treatment (Prostap and Abiraterone) and RT from a recent PET CT scan have been told that I might be able to consider coming off the treatment after 3 years if it continues this way. So really helpful reading about your journey.

Good luck.