Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

32M - All Symptoms - Almost 100% Sure

User
Posted 03 Jul 2023 at 03:14

Hello,

32M, active, no prior surgeries or any type of health conditions prior to this. 10 days ago i started having really aching back pain (mid upper) and testicular pain, and random aches throughout. Since then, pins and needles in legs and arms (which won’t go away), developing cough, dropped 6lbs in a week, and tonight pain while urinating for the first time. I’m terrified.

I had my PSA level tested 2 days ago, it’s 0.46. I have read that aggressive types don’t raise PSA. I have had 2 CTs (abdomen/pelvis) by different places and 2 abdominal US, both were cleared. I’m afraid of metastasis and aggressiveness due to low PSA but high symptoms. They said no prostatis from the CT, no enlarged prostate so im shocked. 

User
Posted 03 Jul 2023 at 11:09

Based on all what you have said and your age I think it is very unlikely that you have prostate cancer. The question is what are your medical team saying and doing? Once you think you have something then there is a tendency to imaging that all the aches and pains you are experiencing are down to what you think you have. Obviously, the effects you are experiencing are real  but what is causing them? At this stage you need to rely on your doctor to find out what is going on.

Ivan

User
Posted 03 Jul 2023 at 12:14

Just wondering why more people don't go the radiotherapy hormone therapy route as there seems to be lots on here with side effects of a prosectomy went to a local meeting where most have had bad side effects after the operation and never seem to recover as Dave as bought up on several occasions is it just the thought off getting the prostate removed that is the deal breaker I speak to many that regret having the operation after I know that many save. The radiation as I second line off treatment anyone's thoughts thanks gaz 👍

User
Posted 03 Jul 2023 at 12:35
Gaz, there are side effects from both treatment options but the psychological benefits of having removed "the mothership" are significant for some (me included).

RT/HT may or may not be successful long term and RP afterwards is significantly more difficult and risky. If you have RP then RT/HT is still an option down the road.

It really depends on the medical diagnosis (some may never be offered RP as it is no longer appropriate in their case) and on how the side effects impact your life.

Post RP, I have mild incontinence that is improving and no nerve sparing so no erections - but I find that my floppy willy orgasms are far superior to before. As I said, everyone is different.

User
Posted 03 Jul 2023 at 12:39
Rbrk99, as Ivan said, it's unlikely that you have prostate cancer - it doesn't usually present itself with any symptoms/pain and is usually picked up with a PSA test - that's why we shout so loudly that people need to get PSA tested routinely.

It sounds as though you have something wrong somewhere, but I wouldn't automatically assume that it is PCa.

User
Posted 03 Jul 2023 at 13:47

Thanks Steve just looking for answers 👍

User
Posted 04 Jul 2023 at 01:07

Rbrk your symptoms seem unlikely to indicate prostate cancer BUT persistent pins and needles in your arms and legs could be indicators of a medical issue.

If you haven't talked to your GP about these problems yet, this should be your starting point.

Jules