I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A brief Introduction and thank you

User
Posted 03 Jul 2023 at 09:10

I’m 62 years old, relatively fit and healthy, however I  had a rising PSA from 3.2 to 4.7 between 2020 and January 2023, resulting in a RALP being carried out 22nd June.

So far all has gone as suggested by information I was provided pre-op and tomorrow I have a catheter test and hopefully removal.

I found this PCUK community support site just last Thursday, a week after my operation and I have found it a very valuable resource. I have learnt a substantial amount about PC, different pathways and the differing impacts to many of the contributors which has been very helpful.

I can empathise with much that I have read and I have found answers to many of the questions or concerns I have had. I will check in daily with my cup of tea in the morning as I continue with my own particular journey.

I’ll likely not be a significant contributor on individual topics, most likely like many; someone who reads and considers what is being said by others, finding it helpful in increasing my understanding or addressing concerns I may have, so for that, I wish to thank you all.

All the best, Mark

User
Posted 03 Jul 2023 at 10:25

Mark,I always made sure I was hydrated before having my trial with out catheter (twoc), particularly more important in warmer weather. I took the view it was better to leak a bit rather than have the catheter refitted because I couldn't pass enough urine. Stay relaxed and follow the instructions given by your nurse.

A waterproof cover for the car seat is useful "just in case". The hospital should give you some pads. I live in an area where they provide patients will pads free of charge. I had 120 tena2 pads delivered before my surgery.Hope all goes well.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 03 Jul 2023 at 11:53

Thanks Chris, that's useful to know, much appreciated.

My letter after discharge has yet to arrive (Royal Mail has been very poor in my area lately), so I've just been guessing what the next steps are!

Mark