I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pain in perineum and cushions

User
Posted 04 Jul 2023 at 10:02

One side effect I've had since radiotherapy is a sensitive perineum. Prolonged pressure from sitting - more on soft chairs than hard - is quite uncomfortable after a while, so sitting in front of the TV and driving are kept to a minimum. Has anyone found a cushion to bring relief for this sort of thing. The ones advertised all seem multi-purpose for back pain etc, with prostate mentioned as an after thought!

User
Posted 04 Jul 2023 at 19:23
How about trying the ones designed for piles, they are like a doughnut shape or U shape.

Or make one out of those thick round draught excluders or even one of the long bendy floaty things kids use in the pool. Even a rolled up bath towel.

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 04 Jul 2023 at 19:49

I was provided with a ring cushion by the hospital after I was getting perinium pain following RP. At the time I put it down to the catheter but maybe not. It did help to transfer some of the load off the perinium area and onto the pelvis which made things a bit more comfortable.

User
Posted 04 Jul 2023 at 20:15
I found slouching back in comfortable chair for a few days after Biopsy via Perineum and also HIFU took pressure off Perineum. However, during RT notwithstanding discomfort I exercised every day and pushed myself to achieve targets which I am sure helped me cope with effects, It's so easy to just sit down for long periods, Incidentally, I had more Gys than are normally given in the UK. even using the old standard.
Barry
User
Posted 04 Jul 2023 at 20:57

Pain in the perineum is also a problem for women, after childbirth or due to prolapse, for example - this type of cushion is probably the most commonly used https://www.stressnomore.co.uk/pressure-relief-ring-cushion-92435.html 

Edited by member 04 Jul 2023 at 20:58  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard