I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Penis pain after RARP

User
Posted 10 Jul 2023 at 02:14

I had a RARP on 22/06/23. Catheter in for 2 weeks and now removed. Since then I am experiencing pain pain/ache, especially at night which tends to keep me awake. Anyone else with problem? Any thoughts on what might be the cause? Should I go to see anyone about it? Thanks

User
Posted 10 Jul 2023 at 11:40
I did have some mild discomfort after the catheter was removed and it was explained to me that for the previous week (in my case) a foreign object was jammed down it so it would take a few days to return to normal. I think it was about 5 or 6 days before it subsided.

urine was relatively slow for the first few days but then improved to the point that I was peeing like a horse with no pain.

You don't say what day the catheter was removed but if just a few days ago then give it time - if it's still a problem after a week then seek advice.

User
Posted 10 Jul 2023 at 15:52
I had my RALP on the same date of 22nd June and catheter removed on the 4th July, so eleven days with and five days without so far.

My catheter came out without any difficulty or pain and since then I had only mild penis discomfort for a 2-3 days and now when I pass urine I get a bit of a dull ache around my scrotum area, but not to the level you describe above.

As suggested by Steve above, if yours goes beyond a week and doesn't appear to be improving day by day, best to get it checked.

I presume you also had the antibiotic injection at the same time as the catheter was removed?