I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Sudden increased side effects a year after starting Bicalutamide

User
Posted 10 Jul 2023 at 10:58

It's a long shot but I'm wondering if anyone else was living with M.E. and or Fibromyalgia prior to PC diagnosis?

I was diagnosed with M.E and Fibro over 20 years ago so used to fatigue, pain etc etc but I had generally established a baseline.

Diagnosed with PC March 22. HT (Bicalutamide) since June 22. RT - last session was beginning of December so about 7 months ago. Been noodling along with usual HT side effects but nothing too drastic that I can't cope with and then suddenly, past 3/4 weeks my fatigue is off the scale, weakness, more soreness and stiffness than usual, mobility is shot (I already walked with a stick), brain fog is worse, emotions all over the place and my IBS getting worse than ever.

I've read other posts about people with these symptoms but did they get worse a few months after end of RT ? That's what I'm finding hard to understand - and whether I'm dealing with an M.E./Fibro crash or late worsening of HT side effects? Really confusing and dispiriting.

Any thoughts ? - even from those of you who were fit and healthy before PC diagnosis. Did worsening of side effects start months after end of other treatment?

TIA

Edited by member 10 Jul 2023 at 15:00  | Reason: More descriptive title