I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostap injection site other than stomach .

User
Posted 10 Jul 2023 at 21:09

Had my first one month Prostap in my upper arm with no issues , Prostap 3 nurse only wanted to inject in stomach area , she has checked with urology who confirm can use my arm , anyone else using arm for injection site .It is licensed for abdomen , upper arm or thigh .

User
Posted 10 Jul 2023 at 21:09

Had my first one month Prostap in my upper arm with no issues , Prostap 3 nurse only wanted to inject in stomach area , she has checked with urology who confirm can use my arm , anyone else using arm for injection site .It is licensed for abdomen , upper arm or thigh .

User
Posted 10 Jul 2023 at 22:38
Hi Mike - have had all my Prostrap 3 injections in the upper arm, alternating each time. Only 2 more to go now :)
User
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 08:24

I had my Prostap injections in my upper arm, as Nick alternating each time 

User
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 09:07

Hi

Never heard about the arm being used,always had stomach injection with prostrate3 alternate 1 side to the other.

Regards Phil 

User
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 09:31
Hi Mike,

I have been having PROSTAP 3 for the last fourteen years and it has always been in the upper arm. They like to alternate between left and right , ideally. I mostly have it on the left because I am right handed. From what I gather , Zoladex is usually given in the tummy.

Cheers

Noel
User
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 14:46

Hi Mike,

I mainly dad PROSTAP in the stomach area. I had a few in the buttocks too.

Ido4

User
Posted 12 Jul 2023 at 13:53

Zoladex is a solid implant which slowly dissolves, releasing the active ingredient (Goserelin). It's about the length of a grain of rice and half the diameter. It's designed to dissolve at the correct rate in fat.

All the others are depot injections. This is mixture which is made up immediately before injection, and after injection sets into a gel, which then slowly dissolves.

User
Posted 15 Jul 2023 at 14:25
I've had five years of prostap in my arms, it was never suggested to me that it should be anywhere else. My Uncle has been having them for about twenty-plus years in his stomach every time, in spite of asking for it in his arms.
He's in Lincolnshire, I'm in Hampshire, not that that should matter.
User
Posted 24 Oct 2023 at 17:55

My OH had his 5th Prostap3 injection last month, always alternating between arms, though the 4th one left his muscle constantly aching, and it has never eased off. Don't know if that's a sign that it was administered incorrectly or not, as the other 4 didn't bother him. He now has a month to decide whether or not to have the next one in the sore arm and risk making it worse, have it in the same arm as last time, or ask to have it somewhere else.

Elle x

User
Posted 25 Oct 2023 at 08:32

Hi

I think all nurses that give the injection say different thinks,I had the choice with my last nurse of arm or stomach but I chose stomach as that's where I've always had it.

Regards Phil 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Jul 2023 at 22:38
Hi Mike - have had all my Prostrap 3 injections in the upper arm, alternating each time. Only 2 more to go now :)
User
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 08:24

I had my Prostap injections in my upper arm, as Nick alternating each time 

User
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 09:07

Hi

Never heard about the arm being used,always had stomach injection with prostrate3 alternate 1 side to the other.

Regards Phil 

User
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 09:31
Hi Mike,

I have been having PROSTAP 3 for the last fourteen years and it has always been in the upper arm. They like to alternate between left and right , ideally. I mostly have it on the left because I am right handed. From what I gather , Zoladex is usually given in the tummy.

Cheers

Noel
User
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 11:21
Had last half dozen in thigh, never had a problem.
User
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 14:46

Hi Mike,

I mainly dad PROSTAP in the stomach area. I had a few in the buttocks too.

Ido4

User
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 15:46

Zoladex is usually injected subcutaneously just below the skin in the stomach because it should be easy to get it right in that zone and not inject it into muscle. The rate of uptake for a drug is quicker when it's intramuscular than when  it's subcutaneous. For a slow release drug like Zoladex which is intended to last for one or three months, it's important that it doesn't do its thing in the first part of that period both because quick release has some unpleasant side effects and also because the effectiveness of the drug tapers off too fast.

So far as I can see Prostap can subcutaneous or intramuscular but I don't know if it makes a difference if one is chosen in preference to the other.

Jules

User
Posted 12 Jul 2023 at 13:53

Zoladex is a solid implant which slowly dissolves, releasing the active ingredient (Goserelin). It's about the length of a grain of rice and half the diameter. It's designed to dissolve at the correct rate in fat.

All the others are depot injections. This is mixture which is made up immediately before injection, and after injection sets into a gel, which then slowly dissolves.

User
Posted 15 Jul 2023 at 14:25
I've had five years of prostap in my arms, it was never suggested to me that it should be anywhere else. My Uncle has been having them for about twenty-plus years in his stomach every time, in spite of asking for it in his arms.
He's in Lincolnshire, I'm in Hampshire, not that that should matter.
User
Posted 31 Jul 2023 at 18:08

had my second Prostap 3 in my upper arm today , no pain on injection , a little sore but nothing to stress about .

User
Posted 24 Oct 2023 at 13:02
Third Prostap 3 to my upper arm yesterday , painful to lay on last night but fine today and better than rubbing on waistband .
User
Posted 24 Oct 2023 at 17:55

My OH had his 5th Prostap3 injection last month, always alternating between arms, though the 4th one left his muscle constantly aching, and it has never eased off. Don't know if that's a sign that it was administered incorrectly or not, as the other 4 didn't bother him. He now has a month to decide whether or not to have the next one in the sore arm and risk making it worse, have it in the same arm as last time, or ask to have it somewhere else.

Elle x

User
Posted 24 Oct 2023 at 20:01
Gee should have the choice of arm , stomach , thigh or buttock.
User
Posted 25 Oct 2023 at 08:32

Hi

I think all nurses that give the injection say different thinks,I had the choice with my last nurse of arm or stomach but I chose stomach as that's where I've always had it.

Regards Phil 

User
Posted 25 Oct 2023 at 09:27

some nurses have only been trained to give it in the stomach , mine included but she emailed urology who confirmed the other sites are Ok but sometime stomach is more comfortable ,I found the stomach uncomfortable as the injection site rubbed on my belt .