I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Constipation and rectal bleeding

User
Posted 19 Jul 2023 at 22:21

Following my HDR and radiotherapy back in October/November 2022, and subsequent Hormone therapy, all has been relatively “normal” since other than some weight gain and obvious sexual issues with which my wife and I are okay. PSA level has reduced well and things looking optimistic.

However in the past couple of weeks I have begun experiencing a significant change in my bowel movement or rather lack of, together with some recall bleeds and I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem?

Any guidance is very welcome 

thanks

User
Posted 20 Jul 2023 at 07:30

Joe,my bowel habits have changed over the years with different treatments. After salvage RT I went through the mucus issues, soft motion and rectal bleeding. I did have a colonoscopy to check the bleeding which found nothing. I did also go through a constipation phase which was probably the cause of the bleeding. Eventually over a couple of years everything settled down and my bowel habits were better than before surgery and SRT.

I recently had some more RT to a lymph node and started bicalutamide, that has caused some intermittent constipation . For me  taking co-codamol is a sure way of giving me constipation.

Get yourself checked out what is normal for one may be abnormal for you.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 20 Jul 2023 at 07:35
Just checking out my first post to see it works
User
Posted 20 Jul 2023 at 09:59

Hi Chris

thanks for this-interesting and helpful to hear of your own experience. I too am on Bicalutamide which probably plays a part in this.

thanks for the advice and hope all remains good for you

cheers