I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My first PSA result after RT

User
Posted 27 Jul 2023 at 23:11

Anxiety as been through the roof last few days worrying about my PSA results. PSA results in today and 0.29 6 months after RT and still on HT until next October. Was Gleason 9 (4+5) PSA 12 - Localised - T2c N0 M0. Still have a prostate. Is this going in the right direction? Thanks all.

Andy

User
Posted 28 Jul 2023 at 00:03
If it's going down it's good!
User
Posted 28 Jul 2023 at 09:16

Hi Gaffer,

PSA anxiety is a real thing and the waiting is the worst. It’s a shame you can’t get an instant result. I get my first PSA test(3 months after RT)  on 14th August and I can already feel the anxiety building. There are many similarities on our journies, my PSA was 0.9 at the start of RT although it was 36 at diagnosis. My 4 weeks of RT went fine as well with some minor side effects which passed quickly. My Onco appointment is 23rd August the day after yours. I have no idea what to expect with my PSA level but anywhere near yours would be good I suppose.

I sympathise with your knee stiffness, both my knees are affected as are my shoulders and elbows. I’m doing lots of exercises, stretches, swimming, walking, cycling, weights..but so far it’s not made much difference. Will keep going though as it does make me feel better.

I hope all goes well with your appointment and looknforward to hearing how you get on.

Derek

User
Posted 28 Jul 2023 at 11:11

Hi Derek

Yes, the psa anxiety does get to you, especially the first one after RT. I have just had my 3rd post RT all <0.1 but you cant help worrying that it might start to increase as i was T3b G9 n0m0 .

The aches, pains, fatigue hot flushes are the result of lowT. Mine is still off scale a year after stopping zolly. The CNS nurse said it will take time to return! Oh joy.

I try and do stretches, walking etc and am having physio to try and loosen things up. Having  blood test to check for anaemia an low thyroid function which could cause the fatigue and general malaise.

But we are all still here, trying not to worry and learn to take things as they come.

Good luck to us all

Peternigel

User
Posted 28 Jul 2023 at 18:18

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Gaffer,

PSA anxiety is a real thing and the waiting is the worst. It’s a shame you can’t get an instant result. I get my first PSA test(3 months after RT)  on 14th August and I can already feel the anxiety building. There are many similarities on our journies, my PSA was 0.9 at the start of RT although it was 36 at diagnosis. My 4 weeks of RT went fine as well with some minor side effects which passed quickly. My Onco appointment is 23rd August the day after yours. I have no idea what to expect with my PSA level but anywhere near yours would be good I suppose.

I sympathise with your knee stiffness, both my knees are affected as are my shoulders and elbows. I’m doing lots of exercises, stretches, swimming, walking, cycling, weights..but so far it’s not made much difference. Will keep going though as it does make me feel better.

I hope all goes well with your appointment and looknforward to hearing how you get on.

Derek

Hi Decho

My knee stiffness just happened overnight!! I am doing knee exercises also. I have never had any trouble with my knees ever before! I do have a new mid rift through HT. Off on holiday on Sunday and going with the knowledge with my PSA result I can relax and enjoy the break. 

Regards

Andy