Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Eczema from Decapeptyl SR 22.5mg

User
Posted 31 Jul 2023 at 16:08

Hello all

I've picked up from a few conversation threads that other people have experienced itching as side effect of hormone therapy (Decapeptyl SR 22.5mg for 24 weeks in my case). 

I've also picked up that side effects can last as long again as the treatment, i.e. 6 months. Or can last a lifetime 🙁.

I've had severe eczema as a side effect since I was first on the hormone treatment, last October. But the treatment staff do not seem to have experienced this side effect before. 

I'm meeting my oncologist this week for a review of my treatment which combined hormone treatment with Radiotherapy. The hormone treatment ended beginning of April.

To help with my discussion with the oncologist, does anyone have any experience of  eczema as a side effect? And any sense of how long it will take to/whether it will clear up?

Thank you for any help. 

Jim D

User
Posted 31 Jul 2023 at 18:06

The itching I'm aware of on hormone therapy is due to deposition of fat into nerve bundles. The itching is referred pain, and there's nothing wrong with the skin at the site. Of course, scratching it a lot could cause a problem.

Hormone therapy can cause dry skin and the need for moisturisers.

I haven't heard of it causing Eczema, which is not caused by dry skin as far as I know. I suppose dry skin could be mistaken for Eczema.

User
Posted 04 Aug 2023 at 10:19
Thanks for responding Andy.
I think my situation is different.
A dermatologist has diagnosed the rash all over my body as eczema. This rash only appeared after I started the hormone treatment. So I was wondering if there are any others who had had this experience (and any suggestions for what to do).
Jim
User
Posted 19 Aug 2023 at 16:02

Jim

I was interested to read your post as three months post RT, I have a rash that suspiciously looks like eczema above my belly button and it's itchy as hell.

V