I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Worried about recent symptoms

User
Posted 05 Aug 2023 at 15:13

I'm 34 I  have had lower back pain on and off for a lil bit now but recently iv started to get the urge to wee more often and a burn, iv got a pain in my pelvic region from just below my belly button to just above my groin when I push in with my hand and when I tense and squeeze out it's mainly in the middle but is sore a little bit to the  sides aswell the most worrying is the random pain in my pelvic region and the burn and more frequent urination so all them symptoms together has got me worried 

Edited by member 05 Aug 2023 at 18:36  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Aug 2023 at 18:34

Hi RR,

Prostate Cancer can have no symptoms or a few others such as not going to the loo or going more often.  All the symptoms can also be just inflammation coupled with perhaps muscle pain.   When you start worrying and digging into it all seems to look worse.

A GP should be asked, they'll give you a few checks such as feeling up your bottom and decide if to do a blood test or other.  If you're worried, or even if you're not worried, that's the place to be whatever it is.

If the burn is when you pass urine I'd think it's more likely to involve inflammation or an infection.  But I'm not qualified to judge.  All the best Peter

User
Posted 05 Aug 2023 at 19:26

It's quite rare for someone to have prostate cancer at the age of 34 and I believe it is usually associated with hereditary predisposition to it. It's probably pointing more towards prostatitis or urinary tract infection but as Peter says, you need to get it checked out with your GP.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Aug 2023 at 18:34

Hi RR,

Prostate Cancer can have no symptoms or a few others such as not going to the loo or going more often.  All the symptoms can also be just inflammation coupled with perhaps muscle pain.   When you start worrying and digging into it all seems to look worse.

A GP should be asked, they'll give you a few checks such as feeling up your bottom and decide if to do a blood test or other.  If you're worried, or even if you're not worried, that's the place to be whatever it is.

If the burn is when you pass urine I'd think it's more likely to involve inflammation or an infection.  But I'm not qualified to judge.  All the best Peter

User
Posted 05 Aug 2023 at 19:26

It's quite rare for someone to have prostate cancer at the age of 34 and I believe it is usually associated with hereditary predisposition to it. It's probably pointing more towards prostatitis or urinary tract infection but as Peter says, you need to get it checked out with your GP.

User
Posted 05 Aug 2023 at 21:00

Hi, did you add the I'm 34 after I replied, I don't recall picturing a youngish guy.  As Chris says it's very rare for someone of that age to get it. Good luck Peter 

User
Posted 05 Aug 2023 at 21:22

Yeah I added it after thanks for the reply much appreciated 

User
Posted 05 Aug 2023 at 21:25

Thanks for the reply much appreciated