Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Superstitious? Consult the Oracle

User
Posted 07 Aug 2023 at 16:26

Dear Oracle,

I always have my psa tests on a Wednesday which has got to a point where I don't want to change the day in case it brings worse luck.  This time there is pressure to have it on a Tuesday.

So far my psa is not great but I'm fairly relaxed about its trend.  I also have a lucky phlebotomist who I was pleased to get last time and my psa did go down. But dare I move to Tuesday?  My wife says no and I think I agree. I always fear tempting fate.

Any guidance mighty Oracle?

Thanks Peter

User
Posted 07 Aug 2023 at 22:17

Hi Chris,

Yes, the same time of day is probably more consistent than the actual day, I go at 9am. 

Although for around 4 days before I also try to eat and drink low inflammatory food and not do anything too exerting in case it dehydrates or stresses anything. 

Cheers Peter

User
Posted 10 Aug 2023 at 06:08

Good luck Peter! I've said an incantation for you [if that's the right procedure].

Jules

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Aug 2023 at 16:47

Peter, I have had numerous tests over the years and found my PSA would fluctuate from test to test even even  between active treatments. I sometimes had my test done at the hospital, sometimes at our area phlebotomy service. I had them done at different times of day. The samples all went to the same lab. I then decided to have them all done at the area phlebotomy service but now always go at around 12.00. 

Although not from Superstition, the idea was to reduce as many variables as possible.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 07 Aug 2023 at 22:17

Hi Chris,

Yes, the same time of day is probably more consistent than the actual day, I go at 9am. 

Although for around 4 days before I also try to eat and drink low inflammatory food and not do anything too exerting in case it dehydrates or stresses anything. 

Cheers Peter

User
Posted 08 Aug 2023 at 00:23

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
But dare I move to Tuesday? My wife says no and I think I agree. I always fear tempting fate.

Hmm, risky! I'd suggest you need to burn some incense and offer up some sort of gift for the ORACLE. A block of chocolate? A glass of wine? They're notoriously fickle of course.

Jules

User
Posted 09 Aug 2023 at 23:29

Microcolei, I drank the wine myself.

Very superstitious.  The writing's on the wall.

Wednesday morning at 8am drove 15 miles to the hospital and got ticket 56  which made me 8th in the queue when the blood clinic opened at 8.30am.  The lucky phlebotomist didn't call me so it's all hanging on it being lucky Wednesday or ticket 56.

9.15 home. Job done.  7 years of good luck.

User
Posted 10 Aug 2023 at 06:08

Good luck Peter! I've said an incantation for you [if that's the right procedure].

Jules