I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Incontinence and urinary control system.

User
Posted 08 Aug 2023 at 15:20

I had a RALP fourteen months ago and have been incontinent ever since. I have had a urodynamics test which showed my urinary valve is only working half as well as it should be. I have been told this is unlikely to improve and that I can have an artificial valve fitted to stop leakage.  An AMS800 Urinary Control System. 

Has anyone here had one and what is your experience?

User
Posted 06 Oct 2023 at 18:35

Hi. An update on my AMS800 implant.

Following recovery from the surgery I had the device activated 3 weeks ago. I have to say I am impressed. In my case it is 100% effective I think. Just the odd dribble sometimes if you try to rush and dont let the valve close before trying to tuck back in. Haven't used a pad since.

It's a bit fiddly to use at first but soon get used to it.

Pretty happy really. No problem having a pint or 2.

Cheers

John

User
Posted 09 Aug 2023 at 09:34

Hi,

If you do a search on this site for AUS you should find some posts on members experiences. Coincidentally I am having one implanted tomorrow.

Regards

John

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Aug 2023 at 09:34

Hi,

If you do a search on this site for AUS you should find some posts on members experiences. Coincidentally I am having one implanted tomorrow.

Regards

John

User
Posted 06 Oct 2023 at 13:13

How is things with the AUS in ?  Does it allow you to get out etc?  What about having a couple of pints ?  Etc 

User
Posted 06 Oct 2023 at 13:14

Sorry should have said I am worried I may need one as what ever I put in drinkwise trickles out 

User
Posted 06 Oct 2023 at 18:35

Hi. An update on my AMS800 implant.

Following recovery from the surgery I had the device activated 3 weeks ago. I have to say I am impressed. In my case it is 100% effective I think. Just the odd dribble sometimes if you try to rush and dont let the valve close before trying to tuck back in. Haven't used a pad since.

It's a bit fiddly to use at first but soon get used to it.

Pretty happy really. No problem having a pint or 2.

Cheers

John