I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Abiraterone with food?

User
Posted 17 Aug 2023 at 23:23

My husband has been on Abiraterone for 2 months, during which time his PSA has doubled. I’ve recently read posts about the advantages of taking Abiraterone with food instead of taking it an hour before eating as recommended. The posts are quite old (5 years) - is taking Abi with food still a consideration or has it been disproven?

User
Posted 11 Sep 2023 at 18:29
Just a line to bump up the page as I haven't taken Albiraterone, hopefully some body can help you out
User
Posted 13 Sep 2023 at 18:04

Hi Alison

I’ve been on Abi for almost 2 years. All the manufacturers instructions, whether Zytiga or one of the generic versions are to take 2 hours after food and one before. Eating with food is likely to reduce the efficacy of the drug so personally I’d advocate sticking to the regime. 
As I’ve said on a different post, I take it at night when I get up and then I don’t have to watch the clock to have breakfast. 
On reading other people’s posts, I know Abi doesn’t work for everyone. Hopefully it may kick in soon and reverse the PSA climb. 

User
Posted 02 Feb 2024 at 20:04

Hi there, I've been on Abiraterone since October 2023. PSA reduced from 5.6 to 4.8 after first 2 months but now gone up to 8 at end of month 3. Has anyone else experienced this rise so soon