Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

THANK YOU CHRIS (Exbus)

User
Posted 03 Sep 2023 at 14:37

Dear All,

You may have seen the sad news about the passing of Chris (Exbus) yesterday morning, Fri 2nd Sept.

You can find it on his 'Absent Friends' topic here.

Words failed me as I posted there, as so many of you did, expressing our sheer sadness on losing such a wonderful man, who posted thousands of kind and supportive messages to us over the 18yrs he was such a vital part of the PCUK community.

Chris was diagnosed in Nov 2005, just  8 months after my own battle started.

Like so many of you, I had been desperately praying that he'd be able to celebrate his 80th Birthday on 20th Oct.

He had mentioned it in his posts, but sadly he left us just over a month short of that.

But it wouldn't have bothered Chris, because nothing did. He was a calm, warm hearted warrior, giving out whatever help was ever needed for we PCa battlers and to the many wives, widows and partners who are such important contributors to the forums.

On my own part, Chris and his lovely wife Shirley became lifelong friends of my family.

We met countless times, mostly for pleasure, but also far too many funerals too.

They supported anybody and everybody who needed comfort.

I'm choked today, but would just like to say that two words sum up the essence of them both:

KINDNESS and WARMTH.

Rest in Peace Dear Chris, 

WE SALUTE YOU

And may God give you everything you might ask for Shirley xxxxxx

George, Lynn & Katrina

User
Posted 04 Sep 2023 at 00:46

Thank you for posting George, although very sorry about Chris. Barbara and I met him and Shirley at several of the annual meetings at Leicester and agree they were a great couple who will be sorely missed. My condolences.

It's good to see that you are still hanging in there and have enjoyed quite a time on Hormone Holidays George. I hope you continue to do so for many more years.

Edited by member 05 Sep 2023 at 00:10  | Reason: spelling

Barry
User
Posted 04 Sep 2023 at 08:27
Wonderfully written, George, about a truly special man and friend to so many of us.

Janet, x

User
Posted 04 Sep 2023 at 16:12

Wonderfully written post George.

Ido4

User
Posted 04 Sep 2023 at 23:13

So sorry to read this sad news of Chris passing.

Sending love and sincere condolences to his family and friends xx

User
Posted 05 Sep 2023 at 00:13
George, lovely prose and wonderful tribute. Great to hear the HT holiday hombre is alive and kicking. Keep going my old mucker.