I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Stinging and frequent urination

User
Posted 04 Sep 2023 at 19:30

My catheter was removed on August 30 and I had no issue with anything. 

Suddenly this morning, I noticed a blocked and a mild heavy blood coming instead of urine. I could not pass urine before I left the house for A&E.

On getting to A&E, I was able to.pass urinewith a blood clot came out with my urine with some blood.

The doctor tested my urine for infection but negative and I was told I had not issue.

But since I returned, the frequency of my urination has increased to every 30minutes with little or no blood. The stinging at the tip of my penis continues.

Additionally, there is this pain in my anus and around my buttocks which makes it uncomfortable for me to sit for long since after the surgery. 

Please advise 

User
Posted 04 Sep 2023 at 23:31

Sojdola, they will only have done a urine dip test, take a sample into your GP and explain your symptoms they probably ought to grow a culture. It could be an infection or irritation in the urethra. Although the retention can be quite worrying, I would keep drinking plenty of water to flush things through. 

As always if in doubt contact your medical team.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 04 Sep 2023 at 23:48

Peeing very frequently could be because your uretha is blocked and you can't empty your bladder. You may need to get back down a and e and have another catheter put in.

Dave