I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Incontinence rears its head again

User
Posted 05 Sep 2023 at 23:13

I’ve completed my course of radiotherapy and the symptoms of my last hormone implant should be wearing off but now all of a sudden I’m back on the pads and today I’ve had that urgency to pee and it gets painful. Not sure if this is a UTI or promised side effects from the treatments.

User
Posted 06 Sep 2023 at 02:46

Starting to think it’s the RT. Gotten steadily worse, emptying my bladder isn’t working and the pain is constant. Also saw a bit of debris so I’m off to A&E

User
Posted 06 Sep 2023 at 09:49

Hi omo, I hope you're back from A and E and something has been done. It's over a year since your last post. I thought you had surgery?

Dave

User
Posted 06 Sep 2023 at 10:24

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi omo, I hope you're back from A and E and something has been done. It's over a year since your last post. I thought you had surgery?

I thought in some instances some people have RT after surgery?

Edited by member 06 Sep 2023 at 10:34  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 06 Sep 2023 at 12:16

I walked in, saw the waiting time of 10 hours and walked right back out again. Toughed it out till morning and went to Guys Urology dept. Seen a doctor and looks like it’s just a UTI but I’m getting more tests to be safe. Still in agony.

I had surgery last year but because my PSA was still going up I had to do salvage RT and HT.

User
Posted 06 Sep 2023 at 12:33

Wishing you all the best and hope some antibiotics helps with the UTI

User
Posted 08 Sep 2023 at 15:20

Thanks Chris, I’m into the second day of antibiotics and the pain is wearing off. Going in for an assessment next week

User
Posted 08 Sep 2023 at 19:00

Your welcome. I hope the antibiotics helps but do finish the course as this is important to help with your recovery.

Take care