I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

OWise App for Prostate Cancer

User
Posted 16 Sep 2023 at 10:43

I have just been listening to a PodCast about the free “OWise” app about support for those with Prostate Cancer.  I gather the CEO of PXHealth Anne Bruinvels developed this app following the success of their Breast Cancer app.

Having just downloaded it and entered my data into the profile page including my stage in the journey (pre treatment plan or undergoing treatment), amongst other things it generates a list of potential questions that I might consider asking when I have consultations.

Has anyone with more experience of PCa used this app, is it useful or is it just another app?

Simon

User
Posted 16 Sep 2023 at 10:43

I have just been listening to a PodCast about the free “OWise” app about support for those with Prostate Cancer.  I gather the CEO of PXHealth Anne Bruinvels developed this app following the success of their Breast Cancer app.

Having just downloaded it and entered my data into the profile page including my stage in the journey (pre treatment plan or undergoing treatment), amongst other things it generates a list of potential questions that I might consider asking when I have consultations.

Has anyone with more experience of PCa used this app, is it useful or is it just another app?

Simon

User
Posted 18 Sep 2023 at 10:45

Just bumping this post as it seemed to be lost.

Dave

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Sep 2023 at 10:45

Just bumping this post as it seemed to be lost.

Dave

User
Posted 18 Sep 2023 at 13:24

They contacted several support group leaders a year or two ago. I couldn't find any members interested in trying it and it was too late to be of interest to me (and I don't tend to stick my medical details in the cloud).

User
Posted 18 Sep 2023 at 18:37

Thanks Andy.  Seems the app may have some utility for newly diagnosed people (like me) who need some help in marshalling their thoughts prior to their consultations.

Simon