I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Jump to 0.37 after 2 years <0.1

User
Posted 17 Sep 2023 at 12:39

Hi my PSA post op has been fluctuating between 0.03 & 0.08 for 2.5 years, now suddenly a jump to 0.37 which has left me very worried. 

Quick questions..could this be a lab error? I'll retest anyway. .

I had a bicycle accident a few weeks ago and landed on the rear wheel right on my gentlemans area- could this skew anything? 

The jump from 0.07 to 0.37 was in 6 months. 

Thanks all

User
Posted 17 Sep 2023 at 14:40

I doubt the bicycle incident would have any effect as you don't have a prostate.

Did you have COVID or a COVID vaccination in the month before the PSA test. That can generate a temporary rise in PSA.

User
Posted 17 Sep 2023 at 23:21

I would mention to your clinicians you might have had COVID (you could do a test, although it might have gone by now anyway), and see if they would give you another PSA test at least a month after you test clear.

In support groups, I did see temporary increases of up to 4x if tested very soon after a COVID vaccination.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 17 Sep 2023 at 14:40

I doubt the bicycle incident would have any effect as you don't have a prostate.

Did you have COVID or a COVID vaccination in the month before the PSA test. That can generate a temporary rise in PSA.

User
Posted 17 Sep 2023 at 15:47

It's possible I had COVID but no symptoms of that really. A lot of ppl around me did. Just a bit shocked at the sudden large rise when it was previously pretty consistent.

User
Posted 17 Sep 2023 at 23:21

I would mention to your clinicians you might have had COVID (you could do a test, although it might have gone by now anyway), and see if they would give you another PSA test at least a month after you test clear.

In support groups, I did see temporary increases of up to 4x if tested very soon after a COVID vaccination.