Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

It's good bye from me

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 09:58

Hello and good bye,

Just a quick resume of my Prostate journey. Diagnosed 2 years a go with Stage 4 spread to the bladder. 4  injections and 20 sessions of radiotherapy, PSA <0.03 at present. I thought that was treatment over. Any further injections were due at the beginning or this month. I thought I was home and dry for a few years.

I have not been feeling 100% all Summer but didn't think much of it, I put it down to age and fitness. I then started missing meals and losing weight which is a red flag. I came back early off the worst holiday we have ever had at the beginning of August and I booked into the GP who put me on a 2 week wait. 

I suspected from the start that it was liver related, but I was shocked to get a letter on the day of seeing the consultant about the results to say there was a shadow on the lung. So I am now Stage 4 lung cancer with secondary liver cancer. 

Looking at the overall picture for lung/liver cancer, it is like chalk and cheese between Prostate treatments and outcomes. The 1/5 year survival rates are so different. I therefore think the prostate will have to look after its self for now.

I would like to thank all the regular contributors for their invaluable input, especially, Lynn, Barry, Dave's and all the others who give of their time and experiences. You have all helped so many people, I have learnt how to navigate the many layers of the NHS. I have enjoyed reading everyone's journey wherever they be on it. I wish you all well for your future health.

I must have been a bad lad as a child or very, very unlucky?

Off for the biopsy now.

Best wishes on your journey's

Steve

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 09:58

Hello and good bye,

Just a quick resume of my Prostate journey. Diagnosed 2 years a go with Stage 4 spread to the bladder. 4  injections and 20 sessions of radiotherapy, PSA <0.03 at present. I thought that was treatment over. Any further injections were due at the beginning or this month. I thought I was home and dry for a few years.

I have not been feeling 100% all Summer but didn't think much of it, I put it down to age and fitness. I then started missing meals and losing weight which is a red flag. I came back early off the worst holiday we have ever had at the beginning of August and I booked into the GP who put me on a 2 week wait. 

I suspected from the start that it was liver related, but I was shocked to get a letter on the day of seeing the consultant about the results to say there was a shadow on the lung. So I am now Stage 4 lung cancer with secondary liver cancer. 

Looking at the overall picture for lung/liver cancer, it is like chalk and cheese between Prostate treatments and outcomes. The 1/5 year survival rates are so different. I therefore think the prostate will have to look after its self for now.

I would like to thank all the regular contributors for their invaluable input, especially, Lynn, Barry, Dave's and all the others who give of their time and experiences. You have all helped so many people, I have learnt how to navigate the many layers of the NHS. I have enjoyed reading everyone's journey wherever they be on it. I wish you all well for your future health.

I must have been a bad lad as a child or very, very unlucky?

Off for the biopsy now.

Best wishes on your journey's

Steve

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 11:46

Steve, sorry to hear your bad news. You know we are always here if you need a chat or a rant.

Take care 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 20:05

Hey Steve,

Please, please dont convince yourself that you were a bad lad as a child or even very very unlucky. F*ck those thoughts my man, F*ck them a lot and then some.

Ive read your posts up till now and your consideration for others has always been apparent. There is nothing bad or unlucky that follows men like you.

Stay strong brother.

Jamie.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 11:15

I'm very sorry to hear this Steve. Thankfully my family history has very few occasions of cancer. My own prostate cancer is the only experience I have had of cancer and it really is a pussy cat compared to what else is out there.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you manage to get/do with your future.

Dave

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 11:52
Hi Steve.

I'm very sorry to hear about your current situation I wish you the very best my friend.

Yes I have recently started my Prostate Journey in the end of June. Things were very dyer at the beginning PSA 1000+ but after starting HT it is now into single digits.

This has suprised my consultant some what but I have always been a fighter so Cancer won't beat me "not now not never"

I do wish you all the best & please come back for some more help/support if required??

Steve.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 12:34

Very sorry to hear this news Steve, I hope you get the treatment and support to get through this.

all the best,

Derek

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 12:39

Steve, really sorry to hear this - a real kick in the teeth when the prostate treatment is looking good at the moment. Again, I wish you well with the treatment, and I hope you can find appropriate support too. Obviously we're here, but there are probably other groups with more lung-specific knowledge.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 12:43
Very sad news Steve. Sending wishes and strength to you ok
User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 14:06

Hello Steve, I am so sorry to learn of the devastating hand you have been given and can only express the hope that doctors will be able to help you with the battles you face.

Edited by member 22 Sep 2023 at 02:46  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 14:37

Sorry to hear this news Steve wishing you all the best going forward 

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 18:57

Steve,

I'm so very sorry to hear  your bad news.  You have certainly been dealt a very bad hand.

I hope that you can have treatment to alleviate any discomfort and perhaps even to contain the lung/liver cancers for a long time to come.

Best wishes,

JedSee.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 19:38

Steve, So sorry to hear about your latest diagnosis, wish you all the very best.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 11:15

I'm very sorry to hear this Steve. Thankfully my family history has very few occasions of cancer. My own prostate cancer is the only experience I have had of cancer and it really is a pussy cat compared to what else is out there.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you manage to get/do with your future.

Dave

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 11:46

Steve, sorry to hear your bad news. You know we are always here if you need a chat or a rant.

Take care 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 11:52
Hi Steve.

I'm very sorry to hear about your current situation I wish you the very best my friend.

Yes I have recently started my Prostate Journey in the end of June. Things were very dyer at the beginning PSA 1000+ but after starting HT it is now into single digits.

This has suprised my consultant some what but I have always been a fighter so Cancer won't beat me "not now not never"

I do wish you all the best & please come back for some more help/support if required??

Steve.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 12:34

Very sorry to hear this news Steve, I hope you get the treatment and support to get through this.

all the best,

Derek

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 12:39

Steve, really sorry to hear this - a real kick in the teeth when the prostate treatment is looking good at the moment. Again, I wish you well with the treatment, and I hope you can find appropriate support too. Obviously we're here, but there are probably other groups with more lung-specific knowledge.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 12:43
Very sad news Steve. Sending wishes and strength to you ok
User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 14:06

Hello Steve, I am so sorry to learn of the devastating hand you have been given and can only express the hope that doctors will be able to help you with the battles you face.

Edited by member 22 Sep 2023 at 02:46  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 14:37

Sorry to hear this news Steve wishing you all the best going forward 

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 18:57

Steve,

I'm so very sorry to hear  your bad news.  You have certainly been dealt a very bad hand.

I hope that you can have treatment to alleviate any discomfort and perhaps even to contain the lung/liver cancers for a long time to come.

Best wishes,

JedSee.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 19:38

Steve, So sorry to hear about your latest diagnosis, wish you all the very best.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 20:05

Hey Steve,

Please, please dont convince yourself that you were a bad lad as a child or even very very unlucky. F*ck those thoughts my man, F*ck them a lot and then some.

Ive read your posts up till now and your consideration for others has always been apparent. There is nothing bad or unlucky that follows men like you.

Stay strong brother.

Jamie.