I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Tummy tenderness

User
Posted 03 Oct 2023 at 08:03

I am 3 months post surgery and my tummy has felt quite tender for the past two weeks as if it's bruised. I'm surprised that it is still sore after 3 months?

User
Posted 03 Oct 2023 at 12:27

John , speak to your GP or hospital, have you been doing too much.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 03 Oct 2023 at 12:44

Hi Chris. Thanks for your response. I don't think I've been overdoing things but I'll speak to my doctor anyway

User
Posted 09 Oct 2023 at 08:36

I was told by my surgeon that  the area around my operation would likely feel tender for many, many months post operation  as though the "damage" on the outside looks quite minimal the damage inside is quite pronounced. Obviously any sharp continuing pains should be investigated but if it just feels tender then I would not be too overly concerned. For reference, even now (nearly 2 years post-op) I occasionally experience a sensation that feels like my insides are gently being pulled together.

Ivan

User
Posted 09 Oct 2023 at 10:13

Thanks Ivan. I think that is the problem, the wounds heal so quickly on the outside but take a lot longer internally.

User
Posted 09 Oct 2023 at 13:55
With keyhole surgery from the RARP, the incisions are very small and so should heal in the wound area quite quickly. I seem to remember someone else with severe bruising that required re-admission into hospital so best to get it looked at asap - it is probably nothing but needs checking out.

I'lll see if I can find the original post