Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Burn sensation AFTER urination

User
Posted 07 Oct 2023 at 06:47

Hello,

A (dull) burn-sensation starts few minutes AFTER voiding, but NO pain during urination.

Any thoughts on what might be causing a post-void burn sensation to be felt in the tip-of-penis only?

Thanks,

Omar

User
Posted 09 Oct 2023 at 08:28

Re your question,  I experienced that occasional sensation for 20 or so years and put it down to urinating something that was more acid than usual. I am sure it is not a sign of having prostate cancer, even though some 20 years after experiencing it I was actually diagnosed with prostate cancer. If concerned have a word with your doctor.

Ivan

User
Posted 10 Oct 2023 at 05:02

Thank you for sharing your experience with me, Ivan.

I found a possible explanation to this symptom from another post, and I quote:

"If you do have pain in the prostate, your brain typically refers it to the tip of the penis, or testicles, or rectum, as your brain has no sense of having a prostate organ which can generate pain." posted by Andy62.

Personally, I don't know how to feel (recognize) an ache coming from my prostate, so I liked the above explanation but I'm not sure how accurate it is :-)

Thanks,
Omar

Edited by member 10 Oct 2023 at 05:37  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Oct 2023 at 06:30

It is as good an explanation as any other but I still occasionally experience said sensation even though I no longer have a prostate. The thing about thinking you have something is that there is a tendency to link any pain with that thought and then convince yourself that you have what you think you have. For example,  having a headache and then using google to check it out could convince you that you have a brain tumour. If one is worried about symptoms then the best way forward is to  discuss the matter with your doctor who has the experience and expertise to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Ivan

User
Posted 10 Oct 2023 at 07:16
Have you had your urine checked, is it cloudy? I recently had cystitus.. Most painful part was shortly after voiding...
User
Posted 10 Oct 2023 at 17:39

Just the usual urinalysis and it always comes back clear.

My pain level is dull-to-mild burn sensation that's less first thing in the morning and seems to build through the day.

Thanks,

Omar

User
Posted 10 Oct 2023 at 18:23
Sounds like a UTI.

Chris