I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Planning scan for RT.

User
Posted 09 Oct 2023 at 16:21

I failed my second planning scan today , first one failed due to trapped gas , today second attempt failed because of impaction in higher bowel , lower bowel and bladder OK,  I have a Node involvement which is quite high , given laxido sachets one twice  day for a week and try again. 

Anybody else been in a similar situation,  what next if this doesn't work ?

Thanks in advance for any help .

Mike .

User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 16:40

I failed on 3 separate attempts to start RT, after I had already been tattooed up. They kept trying, but it become clear that the problem was a structural one i.e. there was a loop of bowel too close to the  action, so no amount of walking around the corridor, or yoga posing, was going to get  me lined up to the onco's satisfaction. The answer for me was to switch out to a more targeted MR Linac machine.

It sounds though that yours are genuinely temporary issues, in which case I would expect  them to keep  trying.  

User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 19:18

thank you , I have been today and after 4 further attempts and scans have been marked up and ready to go { hopefully} last twice my bladder was too full after all the water they had given me .

In the department today from 9:30 to 16:30 but hopefully sorted .

User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 20:05

Hi Mike,

Wow! That’s a long time for the scanning session. Hopefully when the RT starts you’ll get into a routine and it will ALL be fine…I found it helps if your times are the same each day.

Good luck,

Derek

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Oct 2023 at 17:38

I failed my first one due to rectum not empty. As it was early afternoon, they gave me a micro-enema and tried again later in the day successfully.

User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 16:40

I failed on 3 separate attempts to start RT, after I had already been tattooed up. They kept trying, but it become clear that the problem was a structural one i.e. there was a loop of bowel too close to the  action, so no amount of walking around the corridor, or yoga posing, was going to get  me lined up to the onco's satisfaction. The answer for me was to switch out to a more targeted MR Linac machine.

It sounds though that yours are genuinely temporary issues, in which case I would expect  them to keep  trying.  

User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 19:18

thank you , I have been today and after 4 further attempts and scans have been marked up and ready to go { hopefully} last twice my bladder was too full after all the water they had given me .

In the department today from 9:30 to 16:30 but hopefully sorted .

User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 20:05

Hi Mike,

Wow! That’s a long time for the scanning session. Hopefully when the RT starts you’ll get into a routine and it will ALL be fine…I found it helps if your times are the same each day.

Good luck,

Derek

User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 21:50
Thank you , I have a distant to travel and will use Firefly Minibus so will be picked up at 9:30 or 13:30 depending on treatment time , one of the problems today was I was told to drink but then delyed on scanning and bladder was too large , the other problem is the Node which needs zapping is fairly high up .