Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hormone injuction one week early

User
Posted 11 Oct 2023 at 13:25

Hi

I am new today. I am due third prostap3 injection on 27th December. I want to travel to family over Christmas and New year. Does anyone know if I can have my injection one week earlier at 11 weeks instead of 12. Cannot find answer anywhere  thanks

User
Posted 11 Oct 2023 at 14:21
Most ADT injections work the same. Iā€™m on Decapeptyl 3 monthly. I was told a week either side is fine by my oncologist
User
Posted 11 Oct 2023 at 14:27

I think you'll struggle to get a definitive answer from anyone who actually knows (and that includes clinicians). The comments on overdose at https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/4651/smpc are:

4.9 Overdose

No case of overdose has been reported.

In animal studies, doses of up to 500 times the recommended human dose resulted in dyspnoea, decreased activity and local irritation at the injection site. In cases of overdose, the patients should be monitored closely and management should be symptomatic and supportive.

It's probably a case of if they're willing to give it to you early or not. Nurses might want permission from oncologist.

User
Posted 11 Oct 2023 at 15:03
retired Pharmacist here I would be happy to have mine a week early if need be , enjoy Christmas when it comes .
User
Posted 11 Oct 2023 at 15:43

I was on zoladex for two years and occasionally had the injection a week early. I then had the next one on week 12. I never risked waiting until week 13.

Dave

User
Posted 11 Oct 2023 at 21:50
The nurse who gave me my injections (zoladex) was always very particular about booking the next appointment in exactly 12 weeks time. I assume there must be something in the instructions. It does seem odd given the effect didn't "wear off" 12 weeks after the final injection - that took many months.
User
Posted 12 Oct 2023 at 14:52

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi

I am new today. I am due third prostap3 injection on 27th December. I want to travel to family over Christmas and New year. Does anyone know if I can have my injection one week earlier at 11 weeks instead of 12. Cannot find answer anywhere  thanks

If it’s not possible to have it the week before then another option (which I think someone on this forum might have done before in Australia) is to take the medication with you and maybe get a family member to speak to their surgery in advance to see if a nurse there would be willing to administer it for you?

Hope you get it sorted and have a fabulous holiday šŸ‘