I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Another chance on the horizon for some

User
Posted 17 Oct 2023 at 09:07

https://www.icr.ac.uk/news-archive/scientists-reverse-drug-resistance-in-prostate-cancer-by-targeting-%27hijacked%27-white-blood-cells#content_wrap

This is being reported on the news today.  Another hopeful chance at a long term control of castration resistant PC, but early days still.  They said on the radio at least another couple of years, but it would be 1 pill per day.

User
Posted 17 Oct 2023 at 19:29

I read an article about it too.   The hope is to reverse drug resistance, as reported in the magazine Nature. 

Here are some words from the free to use version of the magazine.  After I read it a few times it began to be sort of understandable.

'Whether myeloid inflammation drives prostate cancer progression in humans remain unclear. Herein we show that inhibition of myeloid chemotaxis can reduce tumour-elicited myeloid inflammation and reverse therapy resistance in a subset of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) patients. We show that higher blood NLR reflects tumour myeloid infiltration and tumour expression of senescence-associated mRNA species including myeloid chemoattracting CXCR2 ligands.'

User
Posted 01 Nov 2023 at 03:00
After a few readings, it became somewhat understandable.

geometry dash scratch