Show search

Notification

Error

Treatment ends and Darolutamide stopped

User
Posted 17 Oct 2023 at 10:34

Diagnosed Dec 2022, Stage 4b Metastatic Prostate Cancer

Hi All

So my treatments have now all finished (chemo, orchidectomy, RT, Darolutamide).  Been a long year with it all spanning Dec 22 to October 23.  I'm now waiting the requisite 6 weeks after RT before re-checking PSA levels, and will be doing that every 3 months apparently.

One disappointing thing is that my liver couldn't take the constant Darolutamide bombardment.  I had been on it since January 23, but in late August I was hospitalised with drug induced liver injury (rather painful 5 days until it got under control).  LFTs were sky high, with ALT readings into the 1100s.  Since stopping Darolutamide they have dropped dramatically and should return to somewhat normal in a month or two.  I can never go back on to it.

I suspect not having Darolutamide in my treatment will effect my prognosis (at a guess this is probably 6-18 months off my 5-8 year estimate at the start).

I was lucky to get on a weeks adventure with Odyssey last week, which is a charity that bring together cancer patients after their treatment for some bonding and outdoor activities to boost your mood and make some new friends.  Was a great time and I really appreciate the guys and girls who run Odyssey and have donated to their cause.

Rob

User
Posted 17 Oct 2023 at 10:34

Diagnosed Dec 2022, Stage 4b Metastatic Prostate Cancer

Hi All

So my treatments have now all finished (chemo, orchidectomy, RT, Darolutamide).  Been a long year with it all spanning Dec 22 to October 23.  I'm now waiting the requisite 6 weeks after RT before re-checking PSA levels, and will be doing that every 3 months apparently.

One disappointing thing is that my liver couldn't take the constant Darolutamide bombardment.  I had been on it since January 23, but in late August I was hospitalised with drug induced liver injury (rather painful 5 days until it got under control).  LFTs were sky high, with ALT readings into the 1100s.  Since stopping Darolutamide they have dropped dramatically and should return to somewhat normal in a month or two.  I can never go back on to it.

I suspect not having Darolutamide in my treatment will effect my prognosis (at a guess this is probably 6-18 months off my 5-8 year estimate at the start).

I was lucky to get on a weeks adventure with Odyssey last week, which is a charity that bring together cancer patients after their treatment for some bonding and outdoor activities to boost your mood and make some new friends.  Was a great time and I really appreciate the guys and girls who run Odyssey and have donated to their cause.

Rob

User
Posted 21 Nov 2023 at 12:33
After speaking with my oncologist yesterday, we are just waiting for my liver to fully recover from the damage done from Darolutamide before trying me on Enzalutamide instead. Will be bi-weekly blood monitoring for a time after that to check if my liver copes with that antagonist instead.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 Oct 2023 at 08:35
Sending you my regards. Wish you all the best

geometry dash

User
Posted 21 Nov 2023 at 12:33
After speaking with my oncologist yesterday, we are just waiting for my liver to fully recover from the damage done from Darolutamide before trying me on Enzalutamide instead. Will be bi-weekly blood monitoring for a time after that to check if my liver copes with that antagonist instead.