I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pelvic Floor Exercise For Life?

User
Posted 19 Oct 2023 at 17:40

I was wondering if anyone on here has been able to stop PFE without any adverse effects? I am 18months post RARP, I am completely dry in the day - pretty much have been from day 1 and struggled with night time (during sleep). I did notice the solution to night time incontinence was my diet and more importantly no meal after 6pm. Additionally also have to do 2-4 PFEs daily. I find the PFE's tedious and was wondering if one can stop it.

User
Posted 19 Oct 2023 at 18:24

I continued to do PFE for about four months because I hadn't achieve full continence but the improvement tailed off to 99.9% continence; I leak mostly when I am sexually excited - not exactly romantic but we can handle without any serious effect on our sex life. Whilst I don't do any serious PFE, I generally sit on the loo, when I can, to empty my bladder and consciously stop the stream a couple of times which is a very comforting and a reassuring feeling. I am in my 12th year and don't ever expect 100% continence.

Edited by member 19 Oct 2023 at 18:25  | Reason: Not specified

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 20 Oct 2023 at 16:11

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I continued to do PFE for about four months because I hadn't achieve full continence but the improvement tailed off to 99.9% continence; I leak mostly when I am sexually excited - not exactly romantic but we can handle without any serious effect on our sex life. Whilst I don't do any serious PFE, I generally sit on the loo, when I can, to empty my bladder and consciously stop the stream a couple of times which is a very comforting and a reassuring feeling. I am in my 12th year and don't ever expect 100% continence.

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if it is psychological or not. However, what I have noticed is that I wake up with a wet pads within 3-4 days of not doing any PFEs. I also noticed that I do always wake up with a wet pad if I eat carbs or anything heavy after 6pm. The PFE physio said it was not possible for my diet to be connected with my night time incontinence. However, it is one of those peculiarities, completely dry during the day, no matter what I do, lifting weights, strenuous activities, the terror is when I sleep at night, I could dose off in the day and I am fine...