I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Volunteers sought: sharing your story with Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 30 Oct 2023 at 13:47

My name is William and I’m a Health Information Coordinator here at Prostate Cancer UK.

I’m looking for one or two volunteers who would be interested in being interviewed for a case study which would be part of our real-life stories section on our website.

I’m looking to interview someone by telephone about how their prostate cancer diagnosis and treatment affected their emotional wellbeing. This could be the impact of the diagnosis, prostate cancer itself, or the side effects of your treatment.

We’d welcome stories from anyone who has had a prostate cancer diagnosis, regardless of your treatment(s).

While we’ll discuss your diagnosis and treatment, the focus will be on how these made you feel and any practical steps you took for your emotional wellbeing.

This could include:

• Staying in touch with loved ones
  • Your hobbies
  • Diet and exercise
  • Any counselling or psychological support from a healthcare professional you may have had

We’d also love to learn more about what support you had from others.

For example:

• Your family and friends
  • Your employer
  • Your healthcare team
  • Other people going through prostate cancer treatment, or have done so in the past
  • Charities

We don’t currently have a recent real-life story on our website that focuses on emotional wellbeing, so we would be very grateful to speak with anyone happy to share.

We hope that your story will give insights and ideas to other men and their families going through prostate cancer diagnosis and treatment.

If you would like to take part or would like to know more information please email me at: william.carter@prostatecanceruk.org

Many Thanks,

William

Edited by moderator 30 Oct 2023 at 13:50  | Reason: Not specified