Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Zoladex implant for prostate cancer- possible side effect

User
Posted 02 Nov 2023 at 08:56

Hello all -

I wonder if the mild fluid retention/peripheral oedema I’m getting in my lower legs and (subtle) in my hands is zoladex-related. Thus far I haven’t identified anything else that might be causing it. 

User
Posted 02 Nov 2023 at 11:30

Peripheral oedema does seem to be listed as a possible rare side effect, although not one I've heard of. I would suggest contacting your clinician.

If you think it might be an allergic reaction, you need to contact your doctor immediately. That's more likely to show up as swelling of face, lips, rash, etc.

Edited by member 02 Nov 2023 at 12:58  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Nov 2023 at 20:40
you haven't given any information about your diagnosis and staging. Has your prostate cancer spread to the lymph nodes? If so, oedema is more likely to be down to that.

You should speak to your GP though, to rule out other causes that are nothing to do with the cancer - your heart and circulatory system, for example.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Nov 2023 at 15:54

Hi King JR III.

I have been on Zoladex for nearly two years and have experienced several unpleasant side effects including fluid retention and associated weight gain. I have been prescribed Furosemide, a diuretic, to try to relieve the fluid retention that has caused my legs and feet to swell. It seems to be working but very slowly. So, from my own experience, it would seem that Zoladex may also be the cause of your symptoms.

Edited by member 03 Nov 2023 at 16:03  | Reason: Not specified