I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

2 years post op

User
Posted 13 Nov 2023 at 15:09

Hi Bob mac here not been on for a while ,I'm 2 years plus post op and doing fine PSA undetectable only problem I have and would appreciate some feedback is I'm suffering from more or less permanently erectile disfunction and starting to get me down from time to time I'm on caverject which helps Hope everybody's doing ok 

User
Posted 14 Nov 2023 at 15:48

Caverject did not work me unfortunately, I was prescribed another one (something starter pack), which is gathering dust in my cupboard. However, I now use a combination of Tadalafil and the pump. With the pump I can manage an erection in 20secs and my time is getting better. In addition to the constriction ring from the pump, I also use a vibrating ring (best seller from Amazon) to double up... So key is never to give up, as they say if life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Funny thing is my wife is more sexually satisfied now than before my surgery! Do I miss my erections on tap, absolutely! However it is what it is, and we can only hope everyday brings positive improvements.

User
Posted 13 Nov 2023 at 19:22

Hi Adrian

Thanks for that I'll look into that, caverjects ok does what it says on the box just gets frustrating at times but could have been worse so thanking my lucky stars caught it early hope your doing ok mate take care 👍

User
Posted 13 Nov 2023 at 19:58

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Adrian

Thanks for that I'll look into that, caverjects ok does what it says on the box just gets frustrating at times but could have been worse so thanking my lucky stars caught it early hope your doing ok mate take care 👍

As I said Caverject did nothing for me, but miraculously Invicorp did. Having said that its not always successful, I'd say 70% at best, but its better than nowt.

The trouble with all these injections they are difficult to introduce into intimate moments and like you, I often find them frustrating . By the time you've taken the phial from the fridge, snapped it open, removed the syringe, opened the first needle, replaced it with the second needle and tapped out the air bubbles; the moment might have passed; or even worse,  the wife may have had made good her escape and gone out shopping. 😀

I've seriously considered , like on Blue Peter, using one I'd already prepared and having a loaded full syringe on the bedside cabinet ready for action. However, knowing my luck, in the heat of the moment, Id probably end up jabbing her rather than me. 😀

You've got to laugh or you'll cry. 😂

Edited by member 13 Nov 2023 at 20:03  | Reason: additional text.

User
Posted 14 Nov 2023 at 15:18

🤣👍your right there mate same here by the time your ready for it she's in the land of nod 😴😴😴but we smile and have a laugh about it and do get there in the end 👍

User
Posted 14 Nov 2023 at 16:52

Absolutely right there mate not the same as the real thing ,but it's the next best thing we've been given I've gad a bad couple of months,think it was anxiety because I couldn't get a proper erection si got frustrating but talking  to guys like yourself and thousands of other men it's good to talk because I was thinking it's just me take care mate 👍

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 13 Nov 2023 at 18:40

Hi Bob, 

I'm getting on to a year post RARP.

Caverject didn't work for me but Invicorp does. Not as good as the old days, when you could crack toffee on it 😁 but good enough to do the job.

If you can, give it a try. 👍

Adrian.

Edited by member 13 Nov 2023 at 18:46  | Reason: Text

User
Posted 13 Nov 2023 at 19:22

Hi Adrian

User
Posted 13 Nov 2023 at 19:58

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Adrian

As I said Caverject did nothing for me, but miraculously Invicorp did. Having said that its not always successful, I'd say 70% at best, but its better than nowt.

The trouble with all these injections they are difficult to introduce into intimate moments and like you, I often find them frustrating . By the time you've taken the phial from the fridge, snapped it open, removed the syringe, opened the first needle, replaced it with the second needle and tapped out the air bubbles; the moment might have passed; or even worse,  the wife may have had made good her escape and gone out shopping. 😀

I've seriously considered , like on Blue Peter, using one I'd already prepared and having a loaded full syringe on the bedside cabinet ready for action. However, knowing my luck, in the heat of the moment, Id probably end up jabbing her rather than me. 😀

You've got to laugh or you'll cry. 😂

Edited by member 13 Nov 2023 at 20:03  | Reason: additional text.

User
Posted 14 Nov 2023 at 15:18

🤣👍your right there mate same here by the time your ready for it she's in the land of nod 😴😴😴but we smile and have a laugh about it and do get there in the end 👍

User
Posted 14 Nov 2023 at 15:48

Caverject did not work me unfortunately, I was prescribed another one (something starter pack), which is gathering dust in my cupboard. However, I now use a combination of Tadalafil and the pump. With the pump I can manage an erection in 20secs and my time is getting better. In addition to the constriction ring from the pump, I also use a vibrating ring (best seller from Amazon) to double up... So key is never to give up, as they say if life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Funny thing is my wife is more sexually satisfied now than before my surgery! Do I miss my erections on tap, absolutely! However it is what it is, and we can only hope everyday brings positive improvements.

User
Posted 14 Nov 2023 at 16:52

Absolutely right there mate not the same as the real thing ,but it's the next best thing we've been given I've gad a bad couple of months,think it was anxiety because I couldn't get a proper erection si got frustrating but talking  to guys like yourself and thousands of other men it's good to talk because I was thinking it's just me take care mate 👍