I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Late side effects fro Radiotherapy

User
Posted 18 Nov 2023 at 13:56

I'm 5 months post 20 sessions of RT and was wondering if anyone can help regarding late side effects from RT.

I've suffered from fatigue and joint stiffness it is slowly improving, but I've recently had some sudden bouts of diarrhea, Can this be caused by the RT ?

User
Posted 18 Nov 2023 at 23:36

Hormone therapy commonly causes fatigue and joint stiffness.

Radiotherapy can cause short-term fatigue, but I'm not aware it's a late onset symptom of radiotherapy.

Sudden bouts of diarrhea can be a late onset side effect of radiotherapy. If it persists, you might want to ask for a referral to colorectal, which might be able to give some advice.

User
Posted 19 Nov 2023 at 07:53

Nearly 4 year's after radiotherapy and hormone therapy I still have late side effects the radiotherapy caused my hemmaroids to go into overdrive suffer much worse than ever before but psa remaining at 0.01 and all the fatigue has gone and life more or less normal again so I have not a lot to complain about but as everyone knows radiotherapy can't do much good to your body but would be lost without it 👍

User
Posted 19 Nov 2023 at 17:15
Thanks Gents for your reply, I was on Bicalutamide for 3months prior to RT, I'm slowly getting better from the HT and my PSA has dropped to 1.4 after my 3 month check, my next test is scheduled for Jan 2024 and the Oncologists expect it to drop further, it's just been the last week my movements have been slacker, but otherwise I'm feeling well,cheers