Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Gout after Radiotherapy

User
Posted 22 Nov 2023 at 20:27

How?

I've recently suffered 2 bouts of gout since I completed my Radiotherapy in June 2023, I don't ear red meat or over indulge in alcohol and I wondered if anyone has suffered has suffered from this after RT. 

User
Posted 23 Nov 2023 at 01:07
Do you have problems emptying your bladder fully? Gout can be caused by the kidneys not working effectively.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Nov 2023 at 12:59

Hi,I have suffered with gout for many years and i don't think it's anything to do with pc treatment as it was in the family long before  i had pc.You need to look up purine levels in food and drinks and also yeast and avoid beer shell fish and oily fish like mackerel etc.If you google purine levels and food and drinks to avoid this can help,I had regular attacks 10 years ago and by adjusting what i eat and drink the attacks have reduced to once every two years with help of Naproxen from my doctor when it flairs up even vegetables like Broccoli has high purines if i remember.And i also had to give up Marmite and prawns that i love.

Regards John.

User
Posted 24 Nov 2023 at 13:10

I had my first gout attack in my toe not long after being diagnosed with PCa but before any treatment. I was also diagnosed with osteoarthritis to my hip not long after surgery. I now take  allopurinol, that keeps the attacks at bay. Re Lyn's comment I do have a kidney defect.

Thanks Chris