I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Extreme peeing

User
Posted 24 Nov 2023 at 14:24

One week into 4 weeks of radiotherapy, all have been early morning appointments and had some difficulties getting bladder full to correct amount.  Lots of extra water needed. So generally peeing lots after for a few hours ( a few close calls on getting home which luckily is 20 mins from hospital). However I continue peeing every hour or so through rest of day and up 3 or 4 times at night. Urine has been tested for infection and come back negative. All my pre reading I was expecting more frequency but this is more than I expected. Hospital staff saying down to RT. Looking to see if this is common for others.

Thanks Paul.

User
Posted 24 Nov 2023 at 16:14

Hi Cambo1961

i finished 39 sessions (8 weeks) of Radiotherapy in March. I too had bouts of sudden peeing / accidents and is all part of the treatment so don’t worry about that too much. Not sure if you trying to drink the correct amount before you get to hospital but that would be difficult to achieve/measure and you will need to go as you get to hospital which will mess up the quantity. I was at UCLH and travelling was about 1 and 1/4 hours so I just drunk normally before went peed when I got there about an hour early then used their measuring cups to put back the correct quantity. I had more problems with No. 2’s ! Trust that helps - Stavros

User
Posted 24 Nov 2023 at 16:57

Hi Paul,

Yes I think it’s quite common but varies between individuals depending on where their internal plumbing is.

I didn’t have so much of a problem with peeing, but after a couple of weeks found I had little control over my bowels. When I needed to go I REALLY NEEDED to go and I had a couple of accidents whilst out walking. I bought myself some pads to give me some security and that helped a lot.

I was about 30mins drive from the treatment centre, I drove there, used the enema when I arrived at the hospital and emptied my bladder. I then had to drink 3 cups of water and wait 30mins. All went ok except one day when they were running a bit late and they had to come to my rescue as soon as the machine stopped or there would have been a puddle on the floor🤣🤣🤣 Staff were wonderful and so supportive.

All the best for the rest of your treatment,

Derek

User
Posted 24 Nov 2023 at 16:09

When I had RT it was an empty bladder protocol, so I didn't need to drink extra, I didn't notice any change in frequency. 

Get yourself a 1.3Litre bottle of innocent orange juice; drink it or tip it down the sink, then keep the empty bottle handy in the car. 

Dave

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 Nov 2023 at 16:09

When I had RT it was an empty bladder protocol, so I didn't need to drink extra, I didn't notice any change in frequency. 

Get yourself a 1.3Litre bottle of innocent orange juice; drink it or tip it down the sink, then keep the empty bottle handy in the car. 

Dave

User
Posted 24 Nov 2023 at 16:14

Hi Cambo1961

i finished 39 sessions (8 weeks) of Radiotherapy in March. I too had bouts of sudden peeing / accidents and is all part of the treatment so don’t worry about that too much. Not sure if you trying to drink the correct amount before you get to hospital but that would be difficult to achieve/measure and you will need to go as you get to hospital which will mess up the quantity. I was at UCLH and travelling was about 1 and 1/4 hours so I just drunk normally before went peed when I got there about an hour early then used their measuring cups to put back the correct quantity. I had more problems with No. 2’s ! Trust that helps - Stavros

User
Posted 24 Nov 2023 at 16:57

Hi Paul,

Yes I think it’s quite common but varies between individuals depending on where their internal plumbing is.

I didn’t have so much of a problem with peeing, but after a couple of weeks found I had little control over my bowels. When I needed to go I REALLY NEEDED to go and I had a couple of accidents whilst out walking. I bought myself some pads to give me some security and that helped a lot.

I was about 30mins drive from the treatment centre, I drove there, used the enema when I arrived at the hospital and emptied my bladder. I then had to drink 3 cups of water and wait 30mins. All went ok except one day when they were running a bit late and they had to come to my rescue as soon as the machine stopped or there would have been a puddle on the floor🤣🤣🤣 Staff were wonderful and so supportive.

All the best for the rest of your treatment,

Derek