I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA 1.37 in 34 year old

User
Posted 28 Nov 2023 at 10:37

So this has stemmed from an initial issue regarding urinating. I would wee, then two mins later feel the urge to wee again and have to really push to get it out. Doc referred me in February with bloods.

Finally saw a urologist yesterday who did a DRE with no concerns and then asked me to do bloods again before an endoscope exam.

He said my PSA level from February was 1.37 and a 34 year old should be getting a level of 0.7. He “wasn’t happy”. This has now raised concerns of mine coupled with my urination issue and I also get infrequent rectal pain when I really need to take a number 2. A short stabbing pain until relieved.

I’m putting 2 and 2 together and coming out with possible cancer worry.

I’m wondering if anybody could advise? I’m not sure when my next appointment is

User
Posted 28 Nov 2023 at 12:12

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I’m putting 2 and 2 together and coming out with possible cancer worry.

I’m wondering if anybody could advise? I’m not sure when my next appointment is

Hello mate,

I'm not a medical expert  but you could be putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

There are numerous, non cancerous ailments, that could cause your symptoms. Be guided by your urologist. Deal with one procedure at a time and try not to worry about things that probably aren't worth bothering about.

Adrian

User
Posted 28 Nov 2023 at 12:55

You need a medical opinion rather than rely on opinions here. 

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 28 Nov 2023 at 12:59
Thanks both.

Just the PSA on their own is concerning considering he said it should be 0.7 for my age.

User
Posted 28 Nov 2023 at 16:13

Watermelon is good for prostate health and urine flow its alkaline too which will help you to relax 

User
Posted 28 Nov 2023 at 18:53

Thank you for the watermelon advice. Would this also naturally reduce PSA levels? But would that hide an underlying issue, however?