I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

No ejaculation after treatment

User
Posted 02 Dec 2023 at 19:17

I had radiotherapy in summer 2023 and finished 8 monthly Prostap injections at the end of September 2023. At that stage I was not getting any erections but over the past few weeks I have gradually noticed morning erections start to return. On a couple of occasions I have been able to masturbate to orgasm but I have not experienced ejaculation. I don’t know if the effects of radiotherapy or the injections are resulting in the dry runs.

Am I expecting too much too soon or will I be unable to ejaculate again, perhaps? Does anyone have similar experience, please?   

User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 01:52

I had RT and HT, and my orgasm are usually completely dry, though occasionally about a minute after I notice a dribble has came out. Orgasms are as good as before if not better, Kleenex consumption has fallen dramatically.

Dave

User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 09:26

Two effects here.

The hormone therapy will temporarily stop you from producing semen, and it will take some months after recovery of Testosterone for this to reverse. It also does some permanent damage to the sperm production in the Testicles, so your sperm count would be lower.

The radiotherapy will permanently impact your ability to produce semen. The healing cycle after radiation induces widespread fibrosis of the prostate which prevents contraction and blocks the fine tubes, and parts of it where the cancer was will have lost their PSA generating cells. On average, prostates are only about 5% effective after radiotherapy, although that's skewed to most men not being able to produce any semen, and to a small number of men who might recover up to about half their semen. It's likely this effect is more pronounced the higher power (and fewer) radiotherapy doses you had, which is known to produce more fibrosis.

The other thing is semen has several components. 50% (thick white) comes from the seminal vesicles, 40% from the prostate (clear fluid which is mainly PSA), a tiny amount from the testicles carrying sperm, and an amount from Cowpers glands (precum). All except the last pass through and are mixed in the prostate. Even if you do have some semen after treatment, it's very likely some of the components will be completely missing so it will look different. This also means the semen is unlikely to be viable from a fertility perspective, but not so unlikely that you can rely on it as a contraceptive. Precum from Cowpers glands is less likely to be impacted by radiotherapy.

User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 08:53

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Kleenex consumption has fallen dramatically.

Nice one Dave. Every cloud has a silver lining. 

Plus there's no more arguments over who has to sleep on the damp patch.

Edited by member 03 Dec 2023 at 17:19  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 09:45

I assume the same happens with Prostate removal?

Absolutely - completely dry and tbh I enjoy it better that way especially without the mess - wife agrees :)

User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 21:06

I’m still on HT for another 18 months and have had 20 sessions of RT. Orgasms have been dry since starting HT but after 18 months on HT they are stronger than ever, but not through penetration because I simply have no desire and penis is not sensitive enough.😟 

However I found a device on Lovehoney which is sooooo pleasurable and brings me to a strong orgasm almost every time, so my wife and I still have a good sex life. Ok, it’s different but you just have to adapt…..and experiment. Happy Days!😊

Keep pumping!🤣🤣🤣

Derek

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 01:52

I had RT and HT, and my orgasm are usually completely dry, though occasionally about a minute after I notice a dribble has came out. Orgasms are as good as before if not better, Kleenex consumption has fallen dramatically.

Dave

User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 08:53

Kleenex consumption has fallen dramatically.

Nice one Dave. Every cloud has a silver lining. 

Plus there's no more arguments over who has to sleep on the damp patch.

Edited by member 03 Dec 2023 at 17:19  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 09:23
Yes, no mess, is a bonus (or drawback) - following RT & HT - I assume the same happens with Prostate removal?
User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 09:26

Two effects here.

The hormone therapy will temporarily stop you from producing semen, and it will take some months after recovery of Testosterone for this to reverse. It also does some permanent damage to the sperm production in the Testicles, so your sperm count would be lower.

The radiotherapy will permanently impact your ability to produce semen. The healing cycle after radiation induces widespread fibrosis of the prostate which prevents contraction and blocks the fine tubes, and parts of it where the cancer was will have lost their PSA generating cells. On average, prostates are only about 5% effective after radiotherapy, although that's skewed to most men not being able to produce any semen, and to a small number of men who might recover up to about half their semen. It's likely this effect is more pronounced the higher power (and fewer) radiotherapy doses you had, which is known to produce more fibrosis.

The other thing is semen has several components. 50% (thick white) comes from the seminal vesicles, 40% from the prostate (clear fluid which is mainly PSA), a tiny amount from the testicles carrying sperm, and an amount from Cowpers glands (precum). All except the last pass through and are mixed in the prostate. Even if you do have some semen after treatment, it's very likely some of the components will be completely missing so it will look different. This also means the semen is unlikely to be viable from a fertility perspective, but not so unlikely that you can rely on it as a contraceptive. Precum from Cowpers glands is less likely to be impacted by radiotherapy.

User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 09:45

I assume the same happens with Prostate removal?

Absolutely - completely dry and tbh I enjoy it better that way especially without the mess - wife agrees :)

User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 17:00

Andy, thanks for the helpful and informative reply. Much appreciated.

Dave

User
Posted 03 Dec 2023 at 21:06

I’m still on HT for another 18 months and have had 20 sessions of RT. Orgasms have been dry since starting HT but after 18 months on HT they are stronger than ever, but not through penetration because I simply have no desire and penis is not sensitive enough.😟 

However I found a device on Lovehoney which is sooooo pleasurable and brings me to a strong orgasm almost every time, so my wife and I still have a good sex life. Ok, it’s different but you just have to adapt…..and experiment. Happy Days!😊

Keep pumping!🤣🤣🤣

Derek