I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

post TRUS biopsy

User
Posted 10 Dec 2023 at 21:47

Evening all. Firs of all I am severely dyslexic so forgive the English.The last two months have been a bit of a whirlwind. I am 69 and a couple of months ago I noticed a small amount of blood in my urine. I went to see my GP who found my prostate to be slightly swollen on the right side but no lumps or pumps. PSA 5.9. Appointment made for one month’s time. No further bleeding during that period. PSA 5.7. After conversation referred to urology. Had an MRI ten days ago. Small anomaly seen so follow up biopsy 4 days ago. Obviously anxious times. As I await results.

I was of course informed by various staff that there would be blood in my urine amongst other things. The problem is the descriptions ranged from rivers of blood to you will hardly notice. I must admit until today it has been minimal. Unfortunately I became constipated, long history of ibs and a hernia operation a few months ago that went slightly askew contribute towards this. I notice the times I strain to pass faeces increases  the bleeding slightly. Has anybody else had this experience.

I realise I probably anxious over nothing and straining is bound to have some affect and I am taking measures to deal with the constipation. But as I said anxious times.

User
Posted 20 Dec 2023 at 10:12

Thank you for your helpful replies. My biopsy results show no sign of cancer so, a huge sigh of relief. Apparently I have quite a large prostate so flow test and talk with consultant after Christmas. Blood tests repeated in 6 months time. Despite all the anxiety I am glad I went to see my GP at the first signs of a problem and encourage others who have concerns to do the same.

User
Posted 10 Dec 2023 at 22:54
It is normal.

Did they warn you that there might be blood in your semen as well? Frequent masturbation will get rid of it quicker.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 11 Dec 2023 at 15:09

Think of your prostate like a sponge with water. Every time you put pressure on the area a little bit of blood will mix with urine. I had 2 biopsies so I know it can be stressful and you keep checking if the first few drops are tinted. As long as it keeps reducing you are fine. Constipation doesn't help with pressure, it might be a side effect if you are taking antibiotics.

As Lyn said you also have blood in semen. It took me 1 month to get it clean.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Dec 2023 at 22:54
It is normal.

Did they warn you that there might be blood in your semen as well? Frequent masturbation will get rid of it quicker.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 11 Dec 2023 at 15:09

Think of your prostate like a sponge with water. Every time you put pressure on the area a little bit of blood will mix with urine. I had 2 biopsies so I know it can be stressful and you keep checking if the first few drops are tinted. As long as it keeps reducing you are fine. Constipation doesn't help with pressure, it might be a side effect if you are taking antibiotics.

As Lyn said you also have blood in semen. It took me 1 month to get it clean.

User
Posted 20 Dec 2023 at 10:12

Thank you for your helpful replies. My biopsy results show no sign of cancer so, a huge sigh of relief. Apparently I have quite a large prostate so flow test and talk with consultant after Christmas. Blood tests repeated in 6 months time. Despite all the anxiety I am glad I went to see my GP at the first signs of a problem and encourage others who have concerns to do the same.

User
Posted 20 Dec 2023 at 13:00

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

My biopsy results show no sign of cancer so, a huge sigh of relief. 

Hi Kevin.

Fantastic result, mate. 🙂👍

I'm dying to know whether RevKev, means you're a petrol head or a vicar?

All the best

Adrian

Edited by member 20 Dec 2023 at 13:04  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Dec 2023 at 13:13

I rather fancy petrol head but it’s the other one

User
Posted 20 Dec 2023 at 14:04

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I rather fancy petrol head but it’s the other one

I suppose they're not mutually exclusive. 🙂