I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Side effects after treatment.

User
Posted 20 Dec 2023 at 19:32

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in March 2023 and following hormone treatment ( Bicalutamide tablets) and radiotherapy, my PSA levels have now dropped down to 0.02%. I now will be monitored every six months, which is great. 

However since my treatment finished I have had a daily upset stomach and terrible wind. Is this normal and does it improve after a period of time?

Edited by member 21 Dec 2023 at 09:16  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Dec 2023 at 22:02

Hi John

i finished my RT in May this year and had really bad wind. My farts were incredibly loud and frequent, but fortunately dry…some people seem to pass mucus. I’ve noticed recently that they have not been as bad or as frequent. Not sure when you finished your RT but it’s a well known Side-effect. Not sure about the stomach upsets though, I’ve never had that issue.

Great result with your PSA  though! 👏👏👏

Derek

User
Posted 21 Dec 2023 at 15:00

Some side effects can begin a couple off year's after the end off radiotherapy one guy in our group has had a ongoing mucus issue that began 2 years after his last radiotherapy but most subside much sooner good luck with your treatment gaz 👍

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Dec 2023 at 22:02

Hi John

i finished my RT in May this year and had really bad wind. My farts were incredibly loud and frequent, but fortunately dry…some people seem to pass mucus. I’ve noticed recently that they have not been as bad or as frequent. Not sure when you finished your RT but it’s a well known Side-effect. Not sure about the stomach upsets though, I’ve never had that issue.

Great result with your PSA  though! 👏👏👏

Derek

User
Posted 21 Dec 2023 at 10:47

Thanks mate. Good to know. I finished my RT late September. Hope you keep well. 

User
Posted 21 Dec 2023 at 15:00

Some side effects can begin a couple off year's after the end off radiotherapy one guy in our group has had a ongoing mucus issue that began 2 years after his last radiotherapy but most subside much sooner good luck with your treatment gaz 👍

User
Posted 21 Dec 2023 at 15:12

Thank you.