I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Urinary symptoms causing problems

User
Posted 01 Jan 2024 at 08:57

Can anyone offer any advice on possible reasons for increased/constant need to pass urine?

my husband has advanced PC - started treatment 2 years ago with chemo, not responding to standard hormone therapy so just started Abiraterone. For last 5 months has gradually needed to pass urine more and more often (sometimes 6/7 times in an hour). Seemed to get worse when started on the Abiraterone. Really affecting our quality of life as we need to be constantly close to a toilet.

Has anyone experienced this and what was causing it? 

User
Posted 04 Jan 2024 at 22:14

Hi Mags, sorry missed this post.

I don't immediately know the answer. I would suggest you get a measuring jug, and measure how much he is peeing. If each pee is less than 100ml he is probably not emptying his bladder. If he is peeing a large quantities (over 250 ml) and often then it suggests he is producing a lot of urine. The answer to these questions will help a doctor diagnose what's going on.

Dave

User
Posted 04 Jan 2024 at 23:15

He needs to ask to be referred to urology for it to be investigated. There are a large number of potential reasons for frequent peeing, and they have to work out which one it is in order to fix it. Maintaining a 3-day fluid diary (measuring the volume and time of all fluid intake and outtake) can be useful when you see the doctor.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Jan 2024 at 22:14

Hi Mags, sorry missed this post.

I don't immediately know the answer. I would suggest you get a measuring jug, and measure how much he is peeing. If each pee is less than 100ml he is probably not emptying his bladder. If he is peeing a large quantities (over 250 ml) and often then it suggests he is producing a lot of urine. The answer to these questions will help a doctor diagnose what's going on.

Dave

User
Posted 04 Jan 2024 at 23:15

He needs to ask to be referred to urology for it to be investigated. There are a large number of potential reasons for frequent peeing, and they have to work out which one it is in order to fix it. Maintaining a 3-day fluid diary (measuring the volume and time of all fluid intake and outtake) can be useful when you see the doctor.