I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Gleason 7 diagnoses

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 17:26

Hi everyone I was just diagnosed yesterday with Gleason 7,prostate cancer,will know more next when the team have their team meeting,heads full off mince at the moment but was expecting it as knew body was different,they took 5 biopsies and all were cancerous,Rab

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 17:26

Hi everyone I was just diagnosed yesterday with Gleason 7,prostate cancer,will know more next when the team have their team meeting,heads full off mince at the moment but was expecting it as knew body was different,they took 5 biopsies and all were cancerous,Rab

User
Posted 06 Jan 2024 at 09:14

Hi

I know it's difficult and you think your going to leave this earth the day after tomorrow but deep breaths relax and take stock of things and everything will settle down in due course,trust me.

Regards Phil 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 19:54

Hi Rab51,

Sorry to hear this.   I know that it's a really difficult time - the waiting for more information and then a decision on treatment.  There are lots of very knowledgeable people on here, so, when you know more, ask as many questions as you like.

I was diagnosed with a Gleason 7 (4+3) tumour and had a prostatectomy about 18 months ago.  So far, my follow-up PSA tests have all been <0.1 (which is considered good).

Best wishes to you.

JedSee.

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 19:58

Thanks yes will know more soon,plenty off experience to fall back on here and it’s good to speak to people who are going down the same path 

User
Posted 06 Jan 2024 at 09:14

Hi

I know it's difficult and you think your going to leave this earth the day after tomorrow but deep breaths relax and take stock of things and everything will settle down in due course,trust me.

Regards Phil