I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Appointment for Biopsy results

User
Posted 08 Jan 2024 at 14:50

Hello, I had an MRI in November and a biopsy on 11th December 2023 - this was about 4 weeks ago and they said I would get a letter, phone call or an appointment with results. I got a call today giving me a time to go up and see Urologist  next Wednesday.  I assume this might be bad news or they might have just phoned or sent a letter, any advice, thoughts from folk with experience please? It's NHS Grampian/Aberdeen. I was originally told I had  3/5 score, as they couldn't tell by MRI results either way, they took 6 core from one side and 8 from the other (a surprisingly painless and easy procedure compared with what I read.) Anyway, with it being a waiting game for 10 days thought I would reach out.

User
Posted 08 Jan 2024 at 14:50

Hello, I had an MRI in November and a biopsy on 11th December 2023 - this was about 4 weeks ago and they said I would get a letter, phone call or an appointment with results. I got a call today giving me a time to go up and see Urologist  next Wednesday.  I assume this might be bad news or they might have just phoned or sent a letter, any advice, thoughts from folk with experience please? It's NHS Grampian/Aberdeen. I was originally told I had  3/5 score, as they couldn't tell by MRI results either way, they took 6 core from one side and 8 from the other (a surprisingly painless and easy procedure compared with what I read.) Anyway, with it being a waiting game for 10 days thought I would reach out.

User
Posted 08 Jan 2024 at 15:53

Hi Bubo

Sorry you have had reason to come on here, but you are in good company now. I think it is standard practice to see you face to face with biopsy results, so wouldn't read too much into that yet. If you do have PCa, then depending on the severity of it there are a wide range of treatment options open to you. We've all been through the waiting game, so I wont tell you not to worry, as you clearly will. I found the waiting almost harder than my diagnosis. use the time to read as much as you can on this site, as there is a wealth of information and advice on here.

I hope it goes well for you at your meeting mate. Let us know.

Ian.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Jan 2024 at 15:53

Hi Bubo

Sorry you have had reason to come on here, but you are in good company now. I think it is standard practice to see you face to face with biopsy results, so wouldn't read too much into that yet. If you do have PCa, then depending on the severity of it there are a wide range of treatment options open to you. We've all been through the waiting game, so I wont tell you not to worry, as you clearly will. I found the waiting almost harder than my diagnosis. use the time to read as much as you can on this site, as there is a wealth of information and advice on here.

Ian.

User
Posted 08 Jan 2024 at 16:04

Thank you that’s very reassuring Ian

quote=Harty 17/21L;290262]

Quote:

Hi Bubo

Ian.