Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Driving the car and working while under 18-36 months HT

User
Posted 09 Jan 2024 at 17:50

Dear members of the forum

A diagnosis of Prostate Cancer obviously puts all your life and habits somehow under scrutiny either for the risk of receiving some treatments, or by the treatment itself one receives.

In this light, I would like to know from who was / is under prolonged HT (18-24 months)  whethere he is / was able to drive the car for small or long trips, take planes, etc. etc. and doing all these things may be at a slower pace but still doing them. 

Also It would be interesting to learn how was the cognitive impact of the therapy if one had an intellectual demanding job. Was it possible to still work at least most of the time?

I would really appreciate if someone could share his experience on it.

Thank you

User
Posted 09 Jan 2024 at 18:25

I was on HT for two years. It did not affect driving. It probably would have affected me if I had a physically demanding job or a physically demanding hobby. I don't think it affected my cognitive abilities, but maybe I wouldn't notice that.

Dave

User
Posted 09 Jan 2024 at 19:38
I was on HT, Zoladex(including nearly 2 years with abiraterone, enzalutimide&prednisolone on trial) for 3 yrs and I drove as and when I liked, I wouldnt have done if I was 'out of it'. I worked throughout and dont think my cognitive abilities were affected too much anyway but I didn't have a mentally demanding/physical job.

Peter

User
Posted 09 Jan 2024 at 21:18
I had HT for 9 months. No problem driving or travelling by plane, but as you anticipate you might want to slow your pace a little. By the time I had HT (salvage after RP) I had retired but I don't think there was a cognitive problem though the drop in stamina might have affected my ability to get through a particularly long and challenging day.
User
Posted 10 Jan 2024 at 01:28
Yorkhull was a professor - years of HT for incurable PCa didn't affect his cognitive function.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Jan 2024 at 18:25

I was on HT for two years. It did not affect driving. It probably would have affected me if I had a physically demanding job or a physically demanding hobby. I don't think it affected my cognitive abilities, but maybe I wouldn't notice that.

Dave

User
Posted 09 Jan 2024 at 19:38
I was on HT, Zoladex(including nearly 2 years with abiraterone, enzalutimide&prednisolone on trial) for 3 yrs and I drove as and when I liked, I wouldnt have done if I was 'out of it'. I worked throughout and dont think my cognitive abilities were affected too much anyway but I didn't have a mentally demanding/physical job.

Peter

User
Posted 09 Jan 2024 at 21:18
I had HT for 9 months. No problem driving or travelling by plane, but as you anticipate you might want to slow your pace a little. By the time I had HT (salvage after RP) I had retired but I don't think there was a cognitive problem though the drop in stamina might have affected my ability to get through a particularly long and challenging day.
User
Posted 10 Jan 2024 at 01:28
Yorkhull was a professor - years of HT for incurable PCa didn't affect his cognitive function.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard