I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hair regrowth

User
Posted 10 Jan 2024 at 10:11

I was diagnosed in July 23 with advanced pc and started on Prostap injections. Had all the usual side effects with a couple more thrown in like hallucucinations and vertigo.

The last couple of months I have noticed that I have new, lush black hair growing back. I have been completely grey for decades. I also have the occurence with my beard growth.

I wondered if anybody else has experienced anything like this? It's definately a massive plus!

User
Posted 10 Jan 2024 at 11:38

If you haven't done so recently, I'd be tempted to get a testosterone check when you have your next blood test. My Prostap stopped working after 6 months and it was a testosterone check which showed it up. Rebounding testosterone might explain the hipster beard!

User
Posted 10 Jan 2024 at 15:42

Hi thanks for your input.

Following some research on the matter, there is very little, it appears that testosterone and dihitestosterone are the causes of male pattern baldness as evidenced by eunuchs and castrated boys never sufferinf from mpb. This is obviously the exact opposite of your testosterone rebound scenario. Or am I missing something?

User
Posted 10 Jan 2024 at 23:22

I read somewhere recently that initially you get a surge of the hormone that it suppresses 

User
Posted 11 Jan 2024 at 13:16

Hi yeah I noted that too. but a surge woould mean hair loss not regrowth?

User
Posted 11 Jan 2024 at 17:48
The surge in beard growth is the main concern here - ask for a testosterone check.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 11 Jan 2024 at 18:47

Maybe your body is compensating the loss of testosterone made by your testes  by producing DHEA - an androgen hormone  - from your adrenal glands  ?

DHEA  turns grey hair into dark hair (I can attest to  this bc I take DHEA as a suppliment)

User
Posted 15 Jan 2024 at 20:13

At diagnosis I was worried my beard would drop out or not grow once I started Prostap! , had my fourth Prostap 3 today and pleased to report my beard still grows and is similar in density to pre HT.