Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hormone therapy and swollen legs

User
Posted 19 Jan 2024 at 13:38

Hi All

Diagnosed with prostate cancer Dec 2022 at 64 yrs old ...initially treatment was 6 months HT followed  and 4 weeks beam radiation. Oncologist changed this 1 month later to 2 yrs HT followed by brachytherapy and 3 weeks beam . I am now a year down the line finished the RT 7 months ago and approaching the next HT injection (Decapeptyl).

Prior to RT the HT had reduced my PSA from 8.2 to 0.04 ....at my last check up it was still 0.04.  I have another year of HT to do but considering stopping it now due to how weak my legs have become and the swelling of my lower legs and the burning sensation .  I have been checked out by my GP and all is well so I can only conclude the HT is causing the swelling and weakness. Has anyone on here had the same issues with HT ? And did anyone stop it halfway through the treatment?

User
Posted 19 Jan 2024 at 14:35

Hi

I am on Zoladex and I have terrible joint pain and intermittent swollen feet.

Rory

User
Posted 20 Jan 2024 at 08:20

Hi Jean and Rory,

Yep, me too! I’m on Prostap and have bad joint pain in my hips, knees and ankles, and my legs feel swollen.
I’ve tried everything but so far nothing has really helped. My legs were so weak at one point I could hardly get out of a chair or toilet seat. I’m walking >10k steps a day and that has definitely helped strengthen my legs but not helped with aches and pains.

My GP wants me to have a blood test to rule out polymyalgian Rheumatica but TBH I think it’s just the effect of the  Prostap. Someone on here mentioned taking Devils Claw so if the test rules out PR I am going to try this.

Been on this for 18months with another 18 to go and I only hope I don’t end up on this drug for life😟

Good luck and if you find something that helps please let everyone on here know!

Derek