I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Time to see if treatment has worked

User
Posted 19 Jan 2024 at 14:05

Read my profile and you will see that I have been on Enzalutimide and ADT for almost 4 years and had salvage RT 3 years ago .My PSA since then has been undetectable and all bloods are good .I had my last three monthly PSA result conversation (still undetectable )on Dec 13 2023 and my yearly ct and bone scans in the last two weeks .I have just received the followup letter from that conversation and the doctor wishes to see me in person next time to discuss the situation and I presume to decide if I should continue on medication .I am assuming the cancer is still in remission and as Enzalutimide is a very expensive drug and they would not want to over treat me .I was advised I would remain on treatment for as long as possible at least 3 years and as it is now 4 years it seems to make sense that they would want to review me.I wondered if anyone else has been in this position as far as stopping treatment is concerned .

Edited by member 19 Jan 2024 at 19:15  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Jan 2024 at 14:05

Read my profile and you will see that I have been on Enzalutimide and ADT for almost 4 years and had salvage RT 3 years ago .My PSA since then has been undetectable and all bloods are good .I had my last three monthly PSA result conversation (still undetectable )on Dec 13 2023 and my yearly ct and bone scans in the last two weeks .I have just received the followup letter from that conversation and the doctor wishes to see me in person next time to discuss the situation and I presume to decide if I should continue on medication .I am assuming the cancer is still in remission and as Enzalutimide is a very expensive drug and they would not want to over treat me .I was advised I would remain on treatment for as long as possible at least 3 years and as it is now 4 years it seems to make sense that they would want to review me.I wondered if anyone else has been in this position as far as stopping treatment is concerned .

Edited by member 19 Jan 2024 at 19:15  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Jan 2024 at 14:58

I'm not in the exact same situation as you but I've been on Enza (Xtandi) for 3 years now, and I'm aware that it's typically only effective for around 2 years and tends to lose its effectiveness after 3 years.  So the doc may want to review that, or it's maybe just to set eyes on you and have a 'proper' review.

In any event, being 7 years on from diagnosis and still in remission is great, long may that continue!  

Wishing you all the best.  

Craig

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 19 Jan 2024 at 14:58

I'm not in the exact same situation as you but I've been on Enza (Xtandi) for 3 years now, and I'm aware that it's typically only effective for around 2 years and tends to lose its effectiveness after 3 years.  So the doc may want to review that, or it's maybe just to set eyes on you and have a 'proper' review.

In any event, being 7 years on from diagnosis and still in remission is great, long may that continue!  

Wishing you all the best.  

Craig