Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Extremely worried about potential PCa symtoms

User
Posted 21 Jan 2024 at 22:54

Hello all

I'm new to the community so thank you in advance for anybody who takes the time to reply with any advice. 

I'm a 33 year old male, 5 foot 11 and around 16 at 13 lbs at the time of writing. 

About 10 days ago I noticed a shooting pain in the tip of my penis upon ejaculation. I yelped in pain and my partner was very concerned. I thought nothing of it and just put it down to some mistiming. The following two days were fine, no issues with peeing, no pain etc. 

However has time has gone by things have gotten progressively worse. I've been to AandE twice and have also seen my GP. I've raised the alarm about my symptoms (constant pain in tip of penis that prevents me from sleeping, can't poop, constantly going the toilet and only peeing in dribs and drabs). First two doctors confirmed inflammation of urethra and 3rd expert was a nurse who said could be a potential STI and I should get checked. 

I'm writing this as we speak in a bad bout of pain and all's I can think about is the dreaded diagnosis. 

Any help would be Appreciated. 

Many thanks 

User
Posted 21 Jan 2024 at 23:47
Hello John,

Am not a Doctor, but syntoms and age do not seem to relate to Pca. It looks like more an infection. Get the advice of a good urologist, he/she will be able to guide you with the right expertise through the process.

Good luck and keep us posted.

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 00:09

Many years ago I had a bout similar to yourself and it turned out eventually to be a kidney stone. Perhaps someone might review that possibility for you. All items, as suggested, do not cry out PCa. Feel lucky. You should I think.  Good luck with your investigations.  

Edited by member 22 Jan 2024 at 00:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 07:44

The advice on here is given from experience rather than being from a medical background. But you may have heard that a certain HRH is being treated for an enlarged prostate. Of course the inevitable experts are called in to comment. Radio 4 Today did an excellent piece where the prostate surgeon stated the differences between enlarged prostate and prostate cancer. The major distinction he drew was enlarged prostate has symptoms and PCa more often shows none. In your case it seems more likely you have something else going on.

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 11:43
Also sounds to me like you might have a UTI. Don't know what tests have been done but suggest you have a urine culture test added to blood test rather than the standard urine 'dip test' if not yet done, as some UTI's don't readily show up and some can require more than one type of antibiotic to treat effectively.
Barry
User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 17:27

Hi all,

Didn't make it to my GP as I rushed myself to hospital as I could no longer stand the pain. 

Due to severity of pain I was put before a consultant at the hospital within a couple of hours after triage. 

Observations all good and DRE performed. Consultant said I had a "small, smooth prostate" and somebody at my age should put the fears of prostate cancer to bed. He did however prescribe me a course of antibiotics and significant pain medication to treat acute prostatitis. 

Feeling relieved and so glad I went to hospital. Hopefully this course of medication does the trick as I have honestly never felt pain like it. 

Thank you for all of your replies, much appreciated.  

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 21 Jan 2024 at 23:47
Hello John,

Am not a Doctor, but syntoms and age do not seem to relate to Pca. It looks like more an infection. Get the advice of a good urologist, he/she will be able to guide you with the right expertise through the process.

Good luck and keep us posted.

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 00:09

Many years ago I had a bout similar to yourself and it turned out eventually to be a kidney stone. Perhaps someone might review that possibility for you. All items, as suggested, do not cry out PCa. Feel lucky. You should I think.  Good luck with your investigations.  

Edited by member 22 Jan 2024 at 00:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 02:19

Dear both

Thank you for your replies. 

Will be pushing for a DRE this week along with a PSA as these symptoms are something I have never suffered with before. 

Will keep you posted. 

Thanks 

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 07:44

The advice on here is given from experience rather than being from a medical background. But you may have heard that a certain HRH is being treated for an enlarged prostate. Of course the inevitable experts are called in to comment. Radio 4 Today did an excellent piece where the prostate surgeon stated the differences between enlarged prostate and prostate cancer. The major distinction he drew was enlarged prostate has symptoms and PCa more often shows none. In your case it seems more likely you have something else going on.

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 07:55

Thank you Jim. Totally appreciate the advice is given from experience but just thought I'd try and gather as many replies as possible. Seems I'm being fobbed off by NHS at present which I feel down about. Going to push my GP this week as nearly 2 weeks and symptoms still apparent. 

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 11:43
Also sounds to me like you might have a UTI. Don't know what tests have been done but suggest you have a urine culture test added to blood test rather than the standard urine 'dip test' if not yet done, as some UTI's don't readily show up and some can require more than one type of antibiotic to treat effectively.
Barry
User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 17:27

Hi all,

Didn't make it to my GP as I rushed myself to hospital as I could no longer stand the pain. 

Due to severity of pain I was put before a consultant at the hospital within a couple of hours after triage. 

Observations all good and DRE performed. Consultant said I had a "small, smooth prostate" and somebody at my age should put the fears of prostate cancer to bed. He did however prescribe me a course of antibiotics and significant pain medication to treat acute prostatitis. 

Feeling relieved and so glad I went to hospital. Hopefully this course of medication does the trick as I have honestly never felt pain like it. 

Thank you for all of your replies, much appreciated.