I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Invicorp and vacuum pump

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 16:36

Does anyone have any experience of combining Invicorp and a pump ?

Following a non nerve sparing prostatectomy last March I no longer have any natural erections. A brief encounter with caverject injections left me with a very unpleasant pain for quite a few hours and an erection that was less than exciting to boot.

Invicorp seems far better for me with no pain at all and a useful but not spectacular erection.

In an attempt to improve the result I tried my Soma pump which had been prescibed for me soon after the op. On its own  the pump had been less than satisfactory- with one of the tighter rings my wife and I were able to have some fun, but not something we were completely happy with. However, the pump,ring and the invicorp together do something magical. A stiffy that practically has my wife running for the door and much better than even in my twenties..  This seems to last plenty long enough as I know not to leave the ring on for more than half an hour.

I guess my question is- Is this likely to be harmful long term? I have tried Dr. Google but no joy. Is this too good to be true?

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 16:36

Following a non nerve sparing prostatectomy last March I no longer have any natural erections. A brief encounter with caverject injections left me with a very unpleasant pain for quite a few hours and an erection that was less than exciting to boot.

Invicorp seems far better for me with no pain at all and a useful but not spectacular erection.

In an attempt to improve the result I tried my Soma pump which had been prescibed for me soon after the op. On its own  the pump had been less than satisfactory- with one of the tighter rings my wife and I were able to have some fun, but not something we were completely happy with. However, the pump,ring and the invicorp together do something magical. A stiffy that practically has my wife running for the door and much better than even in my twenties..  This seems to last plenty long enough as I know not to leave the ring on for more than half an hour.

I guess my question is- Is this likely to be harmful long term? I have tried Dr. Google but no joy. Is this too good to be true?

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 17:16

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi farmerjohn,

Being a farmer, you must be delighted, to be once again be 'ploughing the furrow.'  Well done mate.

I'm another great fan of Invicorp. In fact its than good I've had to move away from the Lurpak in the fridge. It was making it too hard to spread. 

Do you inject before or after you've pumped?

On the attached link there's a lot of discussion regarding injection technique and the consensus of opinion is its best to inject when you've got a semi? 

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t29845-Hooray-for-Invicorp

Adrian.

Edited by member 22 Jan 2024 at 19:45  | Reason: Additional text.

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 19:33

I don't use Invicorp but I use Viradal Duo, I a 40mg dose but when it's not available from my pharmacy they get me a 20mg dose. 

When I use a 20mg dose I also use my pump after I have injected to give it a boost, I checked with my ED nurse and she confirmed it was safe to do so.

User
Posted 23 Jan 2024 at 03:55
It feels as though he invicorp 'relaxes' the tissue ,so allowing the pump to work more effctively.

I have found that injecting after a hot bath is best. If there is not enough time for this, a quick pump gives me a bigger target. I haven't had any complete failures for the jab as yet, but sometimes it works better than others. Maybe this is down to poor injection technique.

What works for me is to wait until the injection is working fully- which takes twenty minutes or so, and then use the pump and apply a ring. This is good for half an hour until the ring needs to be removed. If we need (want) more time, I wait another half an hour (this time can be used productively) and re -pump. The injection seems to be good for around two hours for this in my case.

Loss of sensitivity is an issue for me with the tight ring, but its definitely much better than nothing.

User
Posted 06 Feb 2024 at 13:07

I don't know if this helps but I had my consult with the urologist for my first injection of EDEX (Caverject) and was told that I should never use the VED pump when using the injection.
I wasn't able to ascertain why, just that they should never be combined.
I guess it's one to ask your consultant before you start - just in case :)

(and Paul -  I would say that your reply was written by AI {wink} given that it also includes a promotional link - tut tut)

Edited by member 06 Feb 2024 at 13:11  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 19:34

Hi there, been prescribed Invicorp.

Must admit, I really don’t fancy injecting.

Hi Mark 

Welcome to the 'Prick a d*ck" club.

I shall attach a link to an Invicorp thread which should help you out.

Edited by member 19 Feb 2024 at 19:37  | Reason: Link

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 19:40
I inject Caverject twice a week. Doing the left hand side as I am right handed is trickier but it's really a non-event. You feel a slight pinch when the needle goes in but that's it. After doing a few you don't even think about it.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 17:16

Hi farmerjohn,

Being a farmer, you must be delighted, to be once again be 'ploughing the furrow.'  Well done mate.

I'm another great fan of Invicorp. In fact its than good I've had to move away from the Lurpak in the fridge. It was making it too hard to spread. 

Do you inject before or after you've pumped?

On the attached link there's a lot of discussion regarding injection technique and the consensus of opinion is its best to inject when you've got a semi? 

Adrian.

Edited by member 22 Jan 2024 at 19:45  | Reason: Additional text.

User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 19:25
Very opportune timing as I have a meeting with the ED nurses on Friday for my first caverject injection so I will ask about combining it with my VED - maybe I will take it with me for a practical demonstration :)
User
Posted 22 Jan 2024 at 19:33

I don't use Invicorp but I use Viradal Duo, I a 40mg dose but when it's not available from my pharmacy they get me a 20mg dose. 

When I use a 20mg dose I also use my pump after I have injected to give it a boost, I checked with my ED nurse and she confirmed it was safe to do so.

User
Posted 23 Jan 2024 at 03:55
It feels as though he invicorp 'relaxes' the tissue ,so allowing the pump to work more effctively.

I have found that injecting after a hot bath is best. If there is not enough time for this, a quick pump gives me a bigger target. I haven't had any complete failures for the jab as yet, but sometimes it works better than others. Maybe this is down to poor injection technique.

What works for me is to wait until the injection is working fully- which takes twenty minutes or so, and then use the pump and apply a ring. This is good for half an hour until the ring needs to be removed. If we need (want) more time, I wait another half an hour (this time can be used productively) and re -pump. The injection seems to be good for around two hours for this in my case.

Loss of sensitivity is an issue for me with the tight ring, but its definitely much better than nothing.

User
Posted 06 Feb 2024 at 13:07

I don't know if this helps but I had my consult with the urologist for my first injection of EDEX (Caverject) and was told that I should never use the VED pump when using the injection.

(and Paul -  I would say that your reply was written by AI {wink} given that it also includes a promotional link - tut tut)

Edited by member 06 Feb 2024 at 13:11  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 06 Feb 2024 at 13:40

Hi Steve,

It's because one pump too many and your todger blows up like an hand grenade! 😨

You need a modicum of natural intelligence to to disguise the need to use AI.

Edited by member 06 Feb 2024 at 13:57  | Reason: Spelling.and additional text

User
Posted 06 Feb 2024 at 14:17

It's because one pump too many and your todger blows up like an hand grenade! 😨

You might be right - if I am overzealous with the pumping it can look as if it's about to explode - and that's without the injection

You need a modicum of natural intelligence to to disguise the need to use AI.

Yes, it's an AI spammer - only joined today and this was it's first post. Admins will need to be quicker off the mark LOL
I've reported it.

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 18:11

Consultant says it should be fine but he’s never had to do it so I’m not listening to him 🤣 

I found self injecting my stomach/waist/thighs for the week after the prostatectomy a tad painful and don’t fancy experiencing the same on a more sensitive area, regardless of the benefits..

What’s the general consensus?

Convince me otherwise! 🤣

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 19:34

Hi Mark 

Welcome to the 'Prick a d*ck" club.

I shall attach a link to an Invicorp thread which should help you out.

Edited by member 19 Feb 2024 at 19:37  | Reason: Link

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 19:40
I inject Caverject twice a week. Doing the left hand side as I am right handed is trickier but it's really a non-event. You feel a slight pinch when the needle goes in but that's it. After doing a few you don't even think about it.