Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Anybody else with a similar situation?

User
Posted 04 Feb 2024 at 19:22

Hi, 

first time on here, so I hope I’m in the right place.

i have for the last three weeks had symptoms of ED, dull pain in my undercarriage and discomfort when I sit or lay in bed. I’ve been to the GP. My PSA is 0.5, nothing found in the digital rectal examination and general examination of my lower body. I have had lower back issues for last 4 years or so…. The diagnosis was Pudendial Neuralgia…. I’m still worried it could be Postate Cancer because of the persisting symptoms.

User
Posted 04 Feb 2024 at 23:22

I know nothing about pudendial nueralgia, and only a little about prostate cancer. The chances that your lower back pain is related to prostate cancer is vanishingly small. The cancer would have to be very very advanced to cause that problem, so your PSA would be in the hundreds by now, also your prostate would not feel normal on a DRE. 

I'm not saying you don't have cancer, or any other disease for that matter, but I am saying you aren't showing any symptoms which could be attributed to prostate cancer.

Dave

User
Posted 05 Feb 2024 at 08:36

It’s definitely not Prostate cancer.

User
Posted 05 Feb 2024 at 09:24

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I know nothing about pudendial nueralgia

Nor did I Dave.

However, as a child my mother suffered from prudential neurosis. We all had to hide behind the settee everytime the Man from the Pru came to collect.

Joking apart Cityman.

Like others have stated your chances of having prostate cancer are extremely remote. As for ED. It is estimated that by the time a man is in his 40's, he has about a 40% chance of having some form of ED and this prevalence increases about 10% per decade thereafter.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5313305/#:~:text=It%20is%20estimated%20that%20by,about%2010%25%20per%20decade%20thereafter.

Edited by member 05 Feb 2024 at 09:30  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Feb 2024 at 10:27
Thankyou all for your replies